Wimbledon

Ovis aries

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Admire the fitness of tennis, doing short bursts for hours is impressive.

And who can not like the style of Roger Federer? The guy is like the Lionel Messi of tennis, technically brilliant and still going stong despite clearly being disadvantaged physically.

Andy Murray is like the Mourinho of tennis. A winner, but in a defensive, often boring style.

Murray is really making this difficult. He's got no hope of beating the top guys later on unless he gets his brain switched on. Federer or Djokovic would beat him in straight sets if he makes these rookie mistakes against them. In fact I think Tim Henman now at the age of 40 could give him a run for his money if he continues playing like this.

Murray has just won

Nadal has just been pulverised - the fourth year in a row he has been beaten at Wimbledon by a player ranked outside the top 100.

People like Tombo who make rash statements just to wind people up just end up making themselves look silly.

Nadal has just been pulverised - the fourth year in a row he has been beaten at Wimbledon by a player ranked outside the top 100.

People like Tombo who make rash statements just to wind people up just end up making themselves look silly.

About Murray? He was playing poorly at that point. He was much better today. How am I trying to wind anyone up?

About Murray? He was playing poorly at that point. He was much better today. How am I trying to wind anyone up?

He tends to get the job done.

Archived