Wimbledon

Ovis aries

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nadal dumped out again. How can a guy play unbelievable shots like that and still be 102 in the world at 30?. Must be horribly inconsistent & also had quite a lot of injuries apparently.

The weight of those natty dreads must play havoc with your centre of gravity!

Nadal dumped out again. How can a guy play unbelievable shots like that and still be 102 in the world at 30?. Must be horribly inconsistent & also had quite a lot of injuries apparently.

Easy - he's a banger.

Sometimes just going for everything works - yesterday was the day of his life.

Easy - he's a banger.

Sometimes just going for everything works - yesterday was the day of his life.

It's also much easier to get yourself psyched up for yesterday than for the €42,500 challenger in Marburg that he would have been playing instead. He's also got a decent chance of playing Murray in the quarters, with a cheque for £241,000 and at least a place in the world's top 70 coming with it. Another nice little payday for Dreddy at Wimbledon.

Heather Watson, that girl who nobody's met or that nobody will take a slight bit of interest in over the next 12 months does the country proud...

That was a good game, but I agree people won't follow her. Some countries only have one tennis player playing at a professional level, but if they're not in the top 30 or so even they don't follow them.

Watson needs to play at a level to get her into the top 30 consistently. Few are going to pay attention to 60th in the world. Before Wimbledon every single thing I heard about her was a BBC twitter post saying she'd lost somewhere.

She's clearly got some talent, even though Serena was also having an off day and if that was due to pressure it was the fault of the crowd rather than Watson, but Watson usually plays awfully. That was the best she's ever played.

If they're not in the same half of the draw, then it'll be a Federer, Djokovic final. I was always a big fan of Pete Sampras so for that reason I don't want Federer to break his record and win it for an 8th time.

But he's playing I reckon the best tennis I've ever seen him play and as yet not dropped a service game. Imo even Djokovic would find him a struggle and Murray would too, so my money's on Federer. 

Whilst Federer is playing well again, he hasn't played anyone with a game capable of giving him any problems. His last two rounds have been against players with big serves and not a lot else, so whilst not dropping his serve is impressive on the face of it it's also not altogether surprising.

Murray v Federer in the semis (assuming it goes to seeding) will be a great match and could go either way but I think both would lose to Djokovic in the final. For me the only guy that can beat him here this year is Wawrinka, as when he's really firing he can simply hit anyone off the court with his power. Here's hoping we get the two 'expected' semi finals!

Having said that I wouldn't mind Kyrgios upsetting things, despite him being a bit of a ***** you can't deny he's entertaining...

Funny listening to clare balding trying to justify the decision to end play for the day. She said that people have work in the morning and the children need to be put in bed. I think she should stick to show jumping or whatever it is that she did. Glad mcinroe put her in her place.

Bloody Scottish prat :ph34r:

You simply don't beat Federer when he's playing like that. Surely he's got to beat Djokovic if he plays like that in the final. A man long past his physical prime and yet he can still do that. 

Bloody Scottish prat :ph34r:

You simply don't beat Federer when he's playing like that. Surely he's got to beat Djokovic if he plays like that in the final. A man long past his physical prime and yet he can still do that. 

Just majestic.  It's hard to even muster an argument when class like that turns up. 

Archived