Perceived Value of the present Derby County Squad

Rampage

Ram nut in today's market Martin and Hughes are worth a lot more than you think.You really underestimate them both at your ridiculous valuation.

depends who buys them and how much contract is left.

i'm guessing what others would pay.

i wouldn't sell them for those figures......that would be a different set of values.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top 5 have to be

Martin 7.5 million

Hughes 7 million

Keogh  2 million

Hendrick 2 million

weimann 2 million ( only based on what we paid

Others grant 250k Carson 0 Forsyth 250k Christie 500k Buxton 250K Pearce 250K Warnock 0 Albentosa 100k Shotton 100k Bryson 350k Russell 900k Dawkins 0 Bent 1million Sammon 0 Baird 100k Thorne 1million

Squad Value 26 million

transfermarkt (which is by no means gospel) says Weimann is worth £4m, suggesting we got him for half price. Which is a nice thought. 

I'd have to agree with everyone saying Hughes is our most valuable player. A starter for us, younger than everyone else, more potential than anyone else. Difficult to look elsewhere. Does need to add some goals to his game though.

I'd go with:

Hughes: £8m 

Martin: £6m

Hendrick: £5m

Keogh: £3m

Weimann: £3m

I know that Bucko is two weeks off fit but no-one will train harder than him.

Genuinely, I hope Bucko never leaves. He may not play much in the future, maybe even this season, but he must be such a great influence on the players around him.

If a team came in with an inquiry about him, I bet the response from the club would be a much higher figure than most fans would guess.

Hughes 8 mil

Martin 6.5 mil

Keogh 3.7 mil

Bent 3.6 mil

Hendrick 3.5 mil

Weiman  3 mil

Forsythe 2 mil

Russell 1.8 mil

Thorne  1.5 mil

Christie  1.2 mil

Total Squad value :   38/39 Mil give or take a bit...

These are the values i think we would want, if we were to consider selling.

Actual value may be different!

Thorne needs to prove his fitness etc..if he does then easily double.

If we get promoted you can add a couple of mil to each player.

Assuming Martins knee is A1.

Troy Deeney is apparently worth £15m in the eyes of Watford, so shouldn't we value the 'wardrobe' at something similar?

I know it seems daft, but I prefer Martin to Deeney. I'm a sucker for technical ability over physical ability, mind. 

Troy Deeney is apparently worth £15m in the eyes of Watford, so shouldn't we value the 'wardrobe' at something similar?

I know it seems daft, but I prefer Martin to Deeney. I'm a sucker for technical ability over physical ability, mind. 

Exactly. If Ipswich can demand £10 + million for McGoldrick after 1 decent season and Leeds can get similar for McCormack after 1 good season, we should be asking for just as much or even more considering Martin has done it two seasons in a row and is a little younger than those 2

Exactly. If Ipswich can demand £10 + million for McGoldrick after 1 decent season and Leeds can get similar for McCormack after 1 good season, we should be asking for just as much or even more considering Martin has done it two seasons in a row and is a little younger than those 2

What'll be interesting is where he stacks up against Weimann and Bent in training now he's got a clean slate with a new coach. If he pips them, which wouldn't be surprising, he'll be working towards earning himself a pretty hefty payday if he has a 3rd successful season and (hopefully) promotion. Would probably either get a new contract from us or a move to a bigger club.

But we can't rule out the fact that he might not impress Clement more than others. It's a low possibility, but a possibility all the same.

I've said over and over again that we undervalue our players because we've fed off scraps for so many years now. The football world, however, has moved on and then some. Once 1st July kicks in and we break our transfer record a couple of times before the new season starts, some of you may become a little more realistic. Then again, I expect plenty of "we should never have paid £5m for so and so" comments.

It's been said above. Mings £8m? Hughes a minimum of £20m, probably more.

Deeney £15m? Same for Martin.

Hendrick, a proven international midfielder at his tender years? £10m.

And so on. Some of you have got to get with the times. We have significant on-the-field assets.

I've said over and over again that we undervalue our players because we've fed off scraps for so many years now. The football world, however, has moved on and then some. Once 1st July kicks in and we break our transfer record a couple of times before the new season starts, some of you may become a little more realistic. Then again, I expect plenty of "we should never have paid £5m for so and so" comments.

It's been said above. Mings £8m? Hughes a minimum of £20m, probably more.

Deeney £15m? Same for Martin.

Hendrick, a proven international midfielder at his tender years? £10m.

And so on. Some of you have got to get with the times. We have significant on-the-field assets.

Exactly, in this day and age you can't have one of the best squads in the second tier of English football if there's only a consensus on 2 players being worth more than £5m. 

£5m is the price nowadays of a "good" championship player.

Only premier league teams pay the big fees.

no player will attract a big fee unless a premier league club signs them and we have only a few players who stand any chance of a move to a premier league club.

P.s. It would be interesting to know what values you'd have placed on james mcclean, and joe gomez.

Only premier league teams pay the big fees.

no player will attract a big fee unless a premier league club signs them and we have only a few players who stand any chance of a move to a premier league club.

P.s. It would be interesting to know what values you'd have placed on james mcclean, and joe gomez.

McLean about 500k to a £1m 

Gomez about £5 to £8m 

I do agree it's only the Premier League clubs who pay the big fees though. 

I don't think we will lose anyone that we want to keep hold of - thankfully. 

Its high, but there will be more than a few teams who are finding goals hard to come by, they'll pay.

no chance lad.

As a matter of interest if they were in their prime today what value would you put on the following players;

Kevin Hector

Archie Gemmill

Roy McFarland

Colin Todd

Charlie George

Alan Hinton

Dave Mackay

I think it's fair to say that football have moved on incredibly over the past 30 years. 

I'd imagine players some of the players who were known as the best in England would now struggle to get a game in the Championship. Obviously there will be exceptions but by-and-large, there are few that would be worth more than £5m. 

Hinton was probably running at players who would now be stacking shelves at Morrisons rather than professional footballers. 

As for Bent, he's a better version of Jordan Rhodes but a little older. I have no idea what you would class his value as based on that. £3.5m for a striker that looks capable of getting nearly 30 goals a season, almost certainly more than 20, seems quite short for me. 

Archived