Perceived Value of the present Derby County Squad

Rampage

Amid transfer speculation on the value of incoming and outgoing players at Derby County, who do you think are the top five,TOP 5, most valuable players at the Club and what do you think is the Whole Squad Transfer Value, WSTV? Please include subsequent signings as they arrive? Players must have played for the first team or have been signed by Paul Clement, in this estimate..Have your say.

'SQUAD PLAYED':- Carson, Grant, Roos, Christie, Forsyth, Warnock, Baird, Shotton, Keogh, Buxton, Pearce, Albentosa, Rawson, Hendrick, Bryson, Hughes, Thorne, Dawkins, Hanson, Russell, Weimann, Martin, Bent, Calero, Santos, Bennett. 

EXAMPLE :- 

TOP 5:-   Hughes  £10m - Martin  £9m -  Hendrick  £5m - Keogh  £4m  - Weimann - £3m     -     WSTV - £50m

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'SQUAD PLAYED':- Carson 50k, Grant 100k, Roos 0k, Christie 300k , Forsyth 400k, Warnock 0k, Baird 100 k, Shotton 200k, Keogh 2.7 million, Buxton 900k, Pearce 1.2 million , Albentosa300k, Rawson 0, Hendrick 5 million, Bryson 1.2 million, Hughes 12 milliob, Thorne 1.4 million, Dawkins 0, Hanson 0, Russell 1.3 million, Weimann 2.5 million, Martin 8 million, Bent 0, Calero 0, Santos 0, Bennett 0. 

Did not use fm

'SQUAD PLAYED':- Carson 50k, Grant 100k, Roos 0k, Christie 300k , Forsyth 400k, Warnock 0k, Baird 100 k, Shotton 200k, Keogh 2.7 million, Buxton 900k, Pearce 1.2 million , Albentosa300k, Rawson 0, Hendrick 5 million, Bryson 1.2 million, Hughes 12 milliob, Thorne 1.4 million, Dawkins 0, Hanson 0, Russell 1.3 million, Weimann 2.5 million, Martin 8 million, Bent 0, Calero 0, Santos 0, Bennett 0. 

Did not use fm

A prompt and thorough answer which I would expect at your level, BahrainRam

How much a player's worth isn't decided by how good they are, it takes into consideration so many other factors.

-Potential

-Contract situation

-Are they a fan favourite?

-How key are they to the team?

-To what level have they played before?

-Are they seen as a disruptive personality?

-Are they injury prone?

-Their status with the media

-Have they scored big important goals for the club?

It's not just a case of 'well I think Dawkins is **** because he's not as quick as Russell and doesn't try as hard as Wardy, so I'm going to say he's worth £0, haha that'll serve him right for not having a song as good as Wonderward'. I'm not claiming to be an expert but I highly doubt we'd get £0 for Dawkins.

Also, I wasn't sure who thought Forsyth and Christie were both worth under 500K, but that's just ignoring basic common sense. Christie is still extremely young and has a lot of potential. Just because he had a bad season, doesn't mean he's not shown flashes of brilliance and is worth well over 500K. Forsyth is statistically the best LB in this league over the last two seasons, as well as an international, we could EASILY demand over 500K for him, if not beyond that.

Some people also don't pay attention to how escalated the prices of Championship players have been this last year.

McCormack- 11 million

Ulloa- 8 million

Gestede- rumoured to be looking at 7-8 million for him.

Rhodes- was bought for 8 million from a League 1 side! Been quoted at 10 million ever since if anyone's been interested in him.

And yet people still think Martin's only worth 6 million? He's scored over 20 goals two season in a row, as well as featuring for Scotland and his absence from our team signalled a catastrophic slump that took us from 1st to 8th. He's a proven goal scorer and target man in his prime, I'd be distraught if we sold him and I'd feel we'd been ripped off if we got anything less than 9 million for him.

How much a player's worth isn't decided by how good they are, it takes into consideration so many other factors.

-Potential

-Contract situation

-Are they a fan favourite?

-How key are they to the team?

-To what level have they played before?

-Are they seen as a disruptive personality?

-Are they injury prone?

-Their status with the media

-Have they scored big important goals for the club?

It's not just a case of 'well I think Dawkins is **** because he's not as quick as Russell and doesn't try as hard as Wardy, so I'm going to say he's worth £0, haha that'll serve him right for not having a song as good as Wonderward'. I'm not claiming to be an expert but I highly doubt we'd get £0 for Dawkins.

Also, I wasn't sure who thought Forsyth and Christie were both worth under 500K, but that's just ignoring basic common sense. Christie is still extremely young and has a lot of potential. Just because he had a bad season, doesn't mean he's not shown flashes of brilliance and is worth well over 500K. Forsyth is statistically the best LB in this league over the last two seasons, as well as an international, we could EASILY demand over 500K for him, if not beyond that.

Some people also don't pay attention to how escalated the prices of Championship players have been this last year.

McCormack- 11 million

Ulloa- 8 million

Gestede- rumoured to be looking at 7-8 million for him.

Rhodes- was bought for 8 million from a League 1 side! Been quoted at 10 million ever since if anyone's been interested in him.

And yet people still think Martin's only worth 6 million? He's scored over 20 goals two season in a row, as well as featuring for Scotland and his absence from our team signalled a catastrophic slump that took us from 1st to 8th. He's a proven goal scorer and target man in his prime, I'd be distraught if we sold him and I'd feel we'd been ripped off if we got anything less than 9 million for him.

it's just a bit of fun mate

Archived