Slooooooooooooooooooooooooow down

Ovis aries

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's a fact being missed here that the club is no longer run by a manager who does everything. We have the scouting and recruitment set up in the hands of Chris Evans and the coaching and team selection in the hands of Paul Clement.

Everything will be lined up for Paul, and all he'll have to do is say yay or nay to any player. This should make things quicker and slicker and there's no reason why a good coach should necessarily be a great in the transfer market too.

I'm comfortable with it in principle, but it does still feel a bit weird.

I think there's a fact being missed here that the club is no longer run by a manager who does everything. We have the scouting and recruitment set up in the hands of Chris Evans and the coaching and team selection in the hands of Paul Clement.

Everything will be lined up for Paul, and all he'll have to do is say yay or nay to any player. This should make things quicker and slicker and there's no reason why a good coach should necessarily be a great in the transfer market too.

I'm comfortable with it in principle, but it does still feel a bit weird.

​Can Paul say no ? , so long as he can then fine , although its not our job to say so :whistle:

​I am allowed to have concerns and opinions , some of which may be allayed shortly.

If I think things are moving too fast I will say so , and you can stick it in your pipe and smoke it.

Feel free to pass some insulting personal remark about my username or  anything else you may fancy .:)

Can I have a ride in your time machine, if indeed you are able to have your concerns allayed shortly.....

i thought you either have a concern or you don't.....you obviously can go back in time 

PS.....in absence of a time machine what can allay your fears ? We can't undo the alleged hasty buys.

Can I have a ride in your time machine, if indeed you are able to have your concerns alleged shortly.....

i thought you either have a concern or you don't.....you obviously can go back in time 

PS.....in absence of a time machine what can allay your fears ? We can't undo the alleged hasty buys.

​What are you on about ?.

How do you suggest the club bring some feelgood factor back to the supporters if they do nothing? 

The Word/phrase "no brainer" has popped up a lot in this thread, and rightly so. 

One thing Sam Rush had sussed is that having the fans on side is massive, so giving fans something to be excited about is obviously going to help! 

Only a moron wouldn't think the team needs freshening up, having suffered successive collapses at the final hurdle.   

How do you suggest the club bring some feelgood factor back to the supporters if they do nothing? 

The Word/phrase "no brainer" has popped up a lot in this thread, and rightly so. 

One thing Sam Rush had sussed is that having the fans on side is massive, so giving fans something to be excited about is obviously going to help! 

Only a moron wouldn't think the team needs freshening up, having suffered successive collapses at the final hurdle.   

​So that would make you a moron when you continually said no mistake was made not bringing a replacement D/M in when Eustace was ruled out .

​So that would make you a moron when you continually said no mistake was made not bringing a replacement D/M in when Eustace was ruled out .

I never said that. We had Mascarell in long after Eustace was injured and we still stormed to the top of the table at least two to three months later. 

I never said that. We had Mascarell in long after Eustace was injured and we still stormed to the top of the table at least two to three months later. 

​Yeah , Yeah. Yeah .

Probably would not have said anything , it was a fair post till you come with the insults .:p

​Yeah , Yeah. Yeah .

Probably would not have said anything , it was a fair post till you come with the insults .:p

If you think I was aiming an insult at you, I apologise as it wasn't intended. I'm pretty confident that you know we need players in and out. 

If you think I was aiming an insult at you, I apologise as it wasn't intended. I'm pretty confident that you know we need players in and out. 

Sure we do , I posted what I did because all the rumours and pundits where having us signing , more forwards , fullbacks etc , it seemed like about 5 players in a day.

Eddie says its nothing to do with me ,well maybe,my main worry was how many of these signing where Clements ,is he being lumbered with players he may not have signed himself.

He has not said much since he arrived , has he commented on any of the signings , and how they fit into his plans.

Where are his Spanish players mentioned , he MUST have some in mind .

So I said sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow down a bit , maybe just maybe we can do better if we do.

Sure we do , I posted what I did because all the rumours and pundits where having us signing , more forwards , fullbacks etc , it seemed like about 5 players in a day.

Eddie says its nothing to do with me ,well maybe,my main worry was how many of these signing where Clements ,is he being lumbered with players he may not have signed himself.

He has not said much since he arrived , has he commented on any of the signings , and how they fit into his plans.

Where are his Spanish players mentioned , he MUST have some in mind .

So I said sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow down a bit , maybe just maybe we can do better if we do.

You could be responsible for us missing out on players lol

Oh wait a minute no one takes any notice if us lot on this forum do they. 

Archived