Slooooooooooooooooooooooooow down

Ovis aries

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure we do , I posted what I did because all the rumours and pundits where having us signing , more forwards , fullbacks etc , it seemed like about 5 players in a day.

Eddie says its nothing to do with me ,well maybe,my main worry was how many of these signing where Clements ,is he being lumbered with players he may not have signed himself.

He has not said much since he arrived , has he commented on any of the signings , and how they fit into his plans.

Where are his Spanish players mentioned , he MUST have some in mind .

So I said sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow down a bit , maybe just maybe we can do better if we do.

I would say that you're reacting to press nonsense and nothing the club is actually doing!  Have you learnt nothing from the whole McClaren to Newcastle shambles? 

I would say that you're reacting to press nonsense and nothing the club is actually doing!  Have you learnt nothing from the whole McClaren to Newcastle shambles? 

​Hope you are right .

Wish there was some nonsense about a class D/M .

So far it looks like we’re getting moderate squad improvement rather than significant first team improvement.

Bent is better than Best - but Bent was with us much of last season so we’re treading water there in terms of improving the first eleven for next season. Pearce is better than Zak – but I’m not sure Pearce is better than Buxton. Some say Carson is better than Grant – but many have doubts about that.

The moderate squad improvements so far don’t look that critical either. We need backup (or possibly even a replacement) for Christie – no sign as yet. We need backup for Martin – no sign as yet. Are we changing our style of play next season? We need backup for Thorne – no sign as yet. Are we relying on Jamie Hanson? Many of last year’s buys intended to freshen up the team, such as Warnock, Shotton, and Albentosa, never looked better than squad players at best last season.

Still early days, but I think those who wonder where all this is going have a point.

So far it looks like we’re getting moderate squad improvement rather than significant first team improvement.

Bent is better than Best - but Bent was with us much of last season so we’re treading water there in terms of improving the first eleven for next season. Pearce is better than Zak – but I’m not sure Pearce is better than Buxton. Some say Carson is better than Grant – but many have doubts about that.

The moderate squad improvements so far don’t look that critical either. We need backup (or possibly even a replacement) for Christie – no sign as yet. We need backup for Martin – no sign as yet. Are we changing our style of play next season? We need backup for Thorne – no sign as yet. Are we relying on Jamie Hanson? Many of last year’s buys intended to freshen up the team, such as Warnock, Shotton, and Albentosa, never looked better than squad players at best last season.

Still early days, but I think those who wonder where all this is going have a point.

​I've highlighted the three important words

Archived