Is any other club....

manxramselly

making such a big statement of intent as Derby County?Internationally respected head coach appointed,Darren Bent expected to sign next week,a wealthy new chairman with a passion for his home team,championship stadium of the season,level one training facilities,highest average gate last season,when has the club ever been in such a healthy state two months before pre season?And name me another club progressing like us. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

making such a big statement of intent as Derby County?Internationally respected head coach appointed,Darren Bent expected to sign next week,a wealthy new chairman with a passion for his home team,championship stadium of the season,level one training facilities,highest average gate last season,when has the club ever been in such a healthy state two months before pre season?And name me another club progressing like us. 

Yes loads, take Brentford, Bournemouth, Watford for example. 

Take no notice manx, I share your optimism, Srg (I'm glad to see back) has returned with his glass half empty, and JW's got his Pedantic Police Officer's hat on.

Brentford, Bournemouth and Watford's grounds ain't a patch on ours, yeah the latter two have made it to the promised land but Mel will make sure we get there.

After the sickened feeling I had after the performance/result against Reading my optimism has returned. Call me a happy clapper or anything else you like but I think it's a good time to be us at the minute and I think the next few weeks will emphasise that with one thing and another.

COYR.

​'Internationally respected head coach' - Karanka (Boro)

'Darren Bent expected to sign next week' - Boro spent tons last season and like us, they failed

'Wealthy chairman with a passion for his home team' - Steve Gibson (Boro)

'Championship stadium of the season' - Riverside (Boro) and the iPro are basically the same

'Level one training facilities' - Boro have had top facilities for ages

'Highest average gate' - I don't see how that's a statement of intent?

''When has the club ever been in such a healthy state two months before pre season?' Just had to fork out a silly amount of money on McClaren leaving when we maybe could have got compensation for him if we had a little patience. The new manager probably doesn't even know the names of half of his players. The new manager might be highly respected and have coached at some of the top clubs in the world, but he's never been the man making the big decisions, it's a huge gamble and it could be one we regret. We don't know who our backroom staff are, will Steele and Simpson be going or staying? Our biggest problem has been our defence and we're signing (supposedly) a centre back from a team with one of the worst defences in the Championship last season. I'd argue we were in a much more healthy state at the start of last season than what we are now

'Darren Bent expected to sign next week' - Boro spent tons last season and like us, they failed

'Championship stadium of the season' - Riverside (Boro) and the iPro are basically the same

''When has the club ever been in such a healthy state two months before pre season?' Just had to fork out a silly amount of money on McClaren leaving when we maybe could have got compensation for him if we had a little patience. The new manager probably doesn't even know the names of half of his players. The new manager might be highly respected and have coached at some of the top clubs in the world, but he's never been the man making the big decisions, it's a huge gamble and it could be one we regret. We don't know who our backroom staff are, will Steele and Simpson be going or staying? Our biggest problem has been our defence and we're signing (supposedly) a centre back from a team with one of the worst defences in the Championship last season. I'd argue we were in a much more healthy state at the start of last season than what we are now

If you love them so much, why don't you marry them?

PistoldPete2

Nothing  changed on the pitch, except bent and ince gone back. Need new players then we can look forward to new season.m

Brentford have gone all continental and the other two we don't have to worry about for twelve months so what club,in the championship next season is as well prepared as DCFC.

All of them apart from the ones under embargoes. 

​Gibson has reined his spending in before at Boro (early noughties when they cleared out Ravanelli and those Brazilians). From that other thread they spent a lot more than us 2013-2014 and presumably last season as well so I actually wonder whether he might be about to prune back and they won't be such a force.

Nottingham Forest should be better prepared as they have much more money than everyone else. The "Man City" of the midlands will be promoted by the end of September. 

Again.

Probably.

Thought they had petitioned to be promoted if they did well in preseason friendlies?

​Gibson has reined his spending in before at Boro (early noughties when they cleared out Ravanelli and those Brazilians). From that other thread they spent a lot more than us 2013-2014 and presumably last season as well so I actually wonder whether he might be about to prune back and they won't be such a force.

​I hope so but I think he's quite likely to do what we did last season, see how close his team came to promotion and go all out for it this season

​I hope so but I think he's quite likely to do what we did last season, see how close his team came to promotion and go all out for it this season

​We shall see mate - I think that last season WAS him going all out for it (hence the spending chart). But its all guesswork at this stage until we see what others' squads look like :)

Archived