The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Great effort yesterday by 1884 just a shame that drumming and singing was lacking big time. Dont want to criticise but drummerboy should be drumming throughout as it really gets things going. Fair play for him doing it but do we need someone else to either assist or takeover. Thoughts?

No not really, personally when I go away and hear the drum going all the way through it sounds rubbish, especially if you can't hear anyone singing along to it.

I think ours is about right, complementing the singing rather than just mindlessly playing all the time.

I thought the first 60 mins it was fairly noisy, but the last 30 was very quiet, mainly because it was tense, but also due to lots of sideways passing and a lack of exciting football.

Adam does a great job on the drum, maybe a little quiet yesterday,  but he's a fan and there to watch the match too.

We need more songs, feels like people are bored of our current ones, including SIWY.

Anyone up for meeting in a pub and coming up with some new ones?!

I loved seeing the flags getting used after goals yesterday.

When it's tense and the football is lacking in excitement, this is when the players need our support the most, they need lifting and atmosphere can move them on, and these small margins can be the difference at times, when it gets tough, the tough get going.

Sing your hearts out for the lads. Someone commented on here about Chris Martin's reaction after he scored, all he was doing was letting off steam, he's fired up, he wants to win, he wants to do well, and as supporters it's up to us to realise that, and try to understand it, and try not to turn it against him, which only back fires, as all we end up doing is turning it against ourselves.

Just like the football we play, the supporters have to be the same in that, it's all about us keeping possession, therefore it's all about us making the noise and I heard Brighton fans singing louder than us on far too many occasions, therefore to summarise we could all do better and I'm sure that's what we are all trying to do, except for the lousy few which keep taking flags home that clearly don't belong to them.

1 hour ago, The 1884 Group said:

I thought the first 60 mins it was fairly noisy, but the last 30 was very quiet, mainly because it was tense, but also due to lots of sideways passing and a lack of exciting football.

Adam does a great job on the drum, maybe a little quiet yesterday,  but he's a fan and there to watch the match too.

We need more songs, feels like people are bored of our current ones, including SIWY.

Anyone up for meeting in a pub and coming up with some new ones?!

I loved seeing the flags getting used after goals yesterday.

I was sceptical at first when this all started, but the group has been brilliant and had tremendous impact. Keep up the great work.

Tricky thing to come up with new songs though, as the (pretty hopeless) thread for that on here suggests. I would normally say simplicity and chantability are key, but you wouldn't have said those were attributes of SIWY.

1 hour ago, -JW- said:

Was a bit awkward trying to squeeze the flag in my car, but managed to do it in the end.

Mine got wet through on the way home, I put them all in front of the fire to dry out and the bloody things melted. Made a right mess of the carpet in the parlour.

Just now, RicME85 said:

Can see me in the bottom of that :)

Were you below the Brighton fan that cheered from the balcony?

He was sat in the seat behind me, wearing a Brighton shirt as well. Some bloke gave him a right earful when we scored. Strange really as you read all the dress code rules and it was no football shirts, trainers and.....

Any person sitting in a home area of the ground, who is identified by their dress as being an away fan, or who is behaving in a provocative manner so as to incite the home fans, will be ejected from the stadium.

Was giving it some all game but no stewards are up there, saw the odd security guy in a suit walking around but that was it

Yet if you dare step one inch over the patio door threshold with an alcoholic beverage you are dragged in like a convict...or if you dare to stand for more than 30secs as your arse is numb you get told to sit down or go inside.

Yeah...sounds about right.

I heard the guy and saw the suited steward stood inside behind the closed door look but not bother to leave the warmth of inside to give him a mouthful.

Archived