The 1884 Group

6 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

To be fair the atmosphere was diabolical. For once though the people around me was patient no one was moaning just a gasp for air when Keogh did a Keogh.

I think us the crowd expect teams to play with 2 banks of 4 and defend for their life's. I thought we was quite patient clapped the team of 1st half just the odd moan and groan nothing major for once.

Usually we would moan and groan and get on their backs if we haven't scored or haven't passed it forward with every pass.

Mr Angry in the North Stand did yell out 'forward' a couple of times - but he could have been accusing Mrs Angry of feeling him up.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

To be fair the atmosphere was diabolical. For once though the people around me was patient no one was moaning just a gasp for air when Keogh did a Keogh.

I think us the crowd expect teams to play with 2 banks of 4 and defend for their life's. I thought we was quite patient clapped the team of 1st half just the odd moan and groan nothing major for once.

Usually we would moan and groan and get on their backs if we haven't scored or haven't passed it forward with every pass.

The atmosphere on Saturday wasn't the best, but to be fair I think it had more to do with the arctic temperature than anything else.

11 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

Lots of discussion on bbc derby sport and derby telegraph facebook pages today about atmosphere and the flags, feel free to get involved!

Hoping to have another 2000 flags for the east stand for the Brighton game, but deadlines are getting tight!!

South stand will definitely be getting a display though and we are going to need LOTS of help on the day to be ready!

You guys have made a fantastic improvement (even if Mel has helped on the cash side if things). It must be quite an operation to get everything set up and then cleared away after the match.

• 2 weeks later...

Massive respect to The 1884 Group. Fantastic work that keeps on giving, hope your great work stays with the club forever and you pick up many more volunteers willing to help with such a wonderful thing you are all doing.

I always remember when the misses volunteered on behalf of "philosophy football" when they were laying out cards to create flags at various grounds, they probably still do, and the misses spent most of her morning at a Scotland v Wales rugby match at Murrayfield, where she met many volunteers and had a great day out which included elastic banding either blue or white cards on to thousands of seats to create a massive saltire, which the BBC cameras only spent a few seconds showing, before going to the pub for lunch, then going to the game to enjoy their work come to fruition, then enjoying the match and back into the pub after the game etc.

https://www.philosophyfootball.com/

Archived