The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£33 retail was mentioned. If Mel paid more than 10% of that each for 20000 of them I'd be astonished. Quid apiece is my bet. Wolves probably did pay for them.

I'd like to see something like this in the next few years. Maybe a ram or "DCFC" appear. It'll look awesome and surely wouldn't be that difficult, would it?  Still think south stand is being heavily relied upon, you have the kids in North who'd surely enjoy participating in something? 

Still think south stand is being heavily relied upon, you have the kids in North who'd surely enjoy participating in something? 

The kids could do a card display with all the empty bags from the crisps they've gone down to get throughout the game. Would have to avoid selling ready salted mind you

I'd like to see something like this in the next few years. Maybe a ram or "DCFC" appear. It'll look awesome and surely wouldn't be that difficult, would it?  Still think south stand is being heavily relied upon, you have the kids in North who'd surely enjoy participating in something? 

Some people have got too much time on their hands.

Can people create their own flag designs for the more artistic people in the 1884 group to make for them personally?

Sell them to the individual for a marked up price and put the extra money back in to the group?

Viable or not?

Would make sense that the group run stalls outside rather than them half and half scarf w*nker stalls.

The only thing which annoyed me last game was the flag going above my head when the teams came out.. Kinda sad but wanted to join in with the scarfs in the air.

I heard the scarfs were £42! There good quality thoe love the white side will keep you warm in winter. I was expecting some cheap thin scarf!

The only thing which annoyed me last game was the flag going above my head when the teams came out.. Kinda sad but wanted to join in with the scarfs in the air.

I heard the scarfs were £42! There good quality thoe love the white side will keep you warm in winter. I was expecting some cheap thin scarf!

Sorry mate my fault for that!

I did try and put flag up in SE Corner but spent a good half hour pre game trying to get it too fit somewhere in amongst the advertising banners...

We're still working out how best to do things but we don't want to go down the selling of materials like flags and making profits, it's just too difficult and means we start looking at taxes, etc.

However we're more than happy to let people know where they can get their own designs done! 

We're still working out how best to do things but we don't want to go down the selling of materials like flags and making profits, it's just too difficult and means we start looking at taxes, etc.

However we're more than happy to let people know where they can get their own designs done! 

Any chances you can shed some light on any future projects in the pipeline?

Can we expect anything big soon (i.e. before Christmas) or this season?

We're looking at the Brighton game atm for 2000 streamers, the normal flags, and 2400 plastic display flags.

We're hoping to get a day in the diary soon to invite fans down to the ipro for a banner painting session.

There is something else we want to do but waiting for club's approval. Once we have that we can announce it.

We've set up a direct debit option for fans wanting to give monthly towards the materials, launch that soon too.

Dear 1884 Group,

Any chance you can make a banner of Kevin Hector, when you make them 2400 plastic flags etc.

One massive Kevin Hector flag, using the image below.

On top it could say "King Kevin Hector"

On bottom it could say "Always 1st Class"

(bottom slogan referencing his 1st Class performances and his 1st Class postman deliveries)

Kevin Hector

2hmfxok.jpg

The Baseball Ground

25f51d3.jpg

But if also going for current players……

Chris Martin

30mwqa1.jpg

Johnny Russell & Chris Martin

2qjwvfl.jpg

1884 Group.

A massive black & white banner replicating the sign we had at The Baseball Ground would look great.

(Ram) Welcome to THE BASEBALL GROUND the home of DERBY COUNTY F.C" (Ram)

http://chapters.sabr.org/uk/sabr-uk-examiner/11-examiner-8-may-1997/40-derbys-baseball-ground-closes

Wouldn't that confuse the postman tho? Think he had the wrong address, cheques from Fawaz for the ticket revenue would never arrive

Archived