The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 more crucial points.

Point 1: "You only sing when your winning"

if Derby are losing, or being dominated, let's crank the volume up and get behind the lads, don't start slagging them off!! Support, support, support!

Point 2:

Let's try and make the songs last more than 5 seconds. 

ps: leave keogh alone. 

Great post. So annoying when everyone shuts up if we go behind.

Right i'm in the South Stand tomorrow for only the 4th time. My record so far is:

Derby v Fulham (5-1)

Derby v Brighton play off semi final (4-1)

Derby v Forest (5-0)

Hoping for a good atmosphere and the chance to stand up at a home game for a change. I was bottom few rows for Fulham and am in a similar position tomorrow - will I still get pestered to sit down, or have people realised it's the stand for atmosphere now?

Either way can't wait.

Right i'm in the South Stand tomorrow for only the 4th time. My record so far is:

Derby v Fulham (5-1)

Derby v Brighton play off semi final (4-1)

Derby v Forest (5-0)

Hoping for a good atmosphere and the chance to stand up at a home game for a change. I was bottom few rows for Fulham and am in a similar position tomorrow - will I still get pestered to sit down, or have people realised it's the stand for atmosphere now?

Either way can't wait.

You will be standing all game mate.

It's not that bad at Florist, you have three choices, you can stand up, sit down or even lie down and nobody bothers you. 

Great post. So annoying when everyone shuts up if we go behind.

The English football fan, it's in our very nature.

As I've said before, the best you can hope for is to temporarily imitate other football cultures (and the atmosphere from our bigger games) and find a way of maintaining the imitation when there is no occasion to speak of.

Replication is another matter, you've got to find a way to make 'constant support' second nature in a large group rather than in a few individuals.

For what it's worth I think if anyone stands a chance of making it work then, looking at the admirable amount of work that has been put in by them already, it's the 1884 Group.

Srg step inside a swimming pool of Iron Brew and come up with something we can all sing to whatever you think!

"Sing when we're swimming, we only sing when we're swimming".............

Doesn't even have to be new... even "We are Derby" is a better alternative.

Doesn't even have to be new... even "We are Derby" is a better alternative.

For crying out loud, you need to get on the Iron Brew.........the Irish Stew.........and the Gloopy Glue!

And on the note, I'm out, got to play Star Wars Monopoly with the young in, can't listen to any more of his moaning, but it beats most of the moans and groans on here!

C'mon The Rams

So excited for tomorrow, and a little bit nervous. 

A huge amount of work has gone into being ready for this and feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.

Thing is it's up to every Rams fan now. We could provide 30000 flags but if there is no noise, support or passion, it's pointless.

We want this to be the start of something special, not the end of what we do, so let's support the team, recreate the Brighton playoff atmosphere and use this game as something to build on.

Come on you Rams.

So excited for tomorrow, and a little bit nervous. 

A huge amount of work has gone into being ready for this and feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.

Thing is it's up to every Rams fan now. We could provide 30000 flags but if there is no noise, support or passion, it's pointless.

We want this to be the start of something special, not the end of what we do, so let's support the team, recreate the Brighton playoff atmosphere and use this game as something to build on.

Come on you Rams.

Nice rallying cry. You have my sword.

Can not wait for tomorrow now,nice to see the 1884 group,are putting all this effort in to get the atmosphere going,I will certainly do my bit,hope it is as good as Brighton in the play offs,so come on you Rams fans lets get behind the boys and pleeeeeease no moaning,let's create a wall of noise,and drive the Rams onto 3 points.

Can not wait for tomorrow now,nice to see the 1884 group,are putting all this effort in to get the atmosphere going,I will certainly do my bit,hope it is as good as Brighton in the play offs,so come on you Rams fans lets get behind the boys and pleeeeeease no moaning,let's create a wall of noise,and drive the Rams onto 3 points.

YOU HAD ONE JOB, ONE JOB TO SAY AND MY AXE 

Three years of planning gone in one headless post!!! the 1884 group has disbanded

YOU HAD ONE JOB, ONE JOB TO SAY AND MY AXE 

Three years of planning gone in one headless post!!! the 1884 group has disbanded

You just can't get the staff any more.

Archived