Derby want to sign Bent and Ince

​Why would I want to do that?

I've probably been supporting my team longer than you, from 1946, and I am entitled to  my opinions as previously stated on this forum.    I maintain that Ince has never been and will never be a 100% team player, OK he will score goals and be responsible for helping others to score but he has an innate attitude that makes me come to the conclusion that he plays football possibly 70% for himself and 30% for the team.

Some may be prepared to accept that contribution but it is not what I want from players who don the Derby County shirt, I do not want mercenaries, I would prefer players who will commit at least 99.999% to my club, I realise that some will not do that and I will have to accept loyalty to a lesser degree but the ratios that Ince appears to adhere to are not acceptable to me.

​As am I. Don't take things literally. I never even quoted you. I am not even aware of any comments you made prior to mine. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​As am I. Don't take things literally. I never even quoted you. I am not even aware of any comments you made prior to mine. 

​Don't worry about it. Nor is Knabby. It's an age thing.

:D

​Please stop doing these. They depress me! The fact that you keep Keogh in them scares the sausage out of me so please STOP! Even it he's staying and playing 50 games next season, please allow me the summer of imagining him being replaced and sold! 

Please rammyboy, what do I have to do to get you to either stop doing these, or leave Keogh out when you do them? It's ruining my summer!

I'd also imagine it's the first Keogh and Sergio Ramos have been mentioned in the same sentance

I'd also imagine it's the first Keogh and Sergio Ramos have been mentioned in the same sentance

​Unbelievable but could be true. Similarities are endless. They both play as a CB and have been tried as a RB.

​Unbelievable but could be true. Similarities are endless. They both play as a CB and have been tried as a RB.

Wow, I thought I'd never get to the end of the list of similarities, bravo for the self restraint in compiling it and knowing when to stop. 

I'd hope Clement plays a similar system, as we have the players here to play a 4-3-3.

Dawkins at CM should be a given a fair run. Even if he's not a regular, at least play him in his best position. Proved towards the end of last season that he's comfortable there and he'd be even better with a proper DM behind him.

People clearly don't see it though, partly because they didn't rate him out wide and are too stubborn to admit that there might be a possibility - even if only a small one - that he could do well at CM.

Tidy in possession but useless when we haven't got the ball.

​Did you know that facetious is one of only two words in the English language that contains just one of each of the vowels and in the order which they come in the alphabet?

​Interestingly enough, yes I do.

I am also aware that the other one is 'abstemious' - which means 'indulging in something very sparingly'.

Like the number of my posts having any interest or relevance (honestly, I don't mean it - my posts are awesome).

:lol:

Edit:

I see that I was beaten to the punch by Mostyn. That's because I have taken too many work breaks today.

​Interestingly enough, yes I do.

I am also aware that the other one is 'abstemious' - which means 'indulging in something very sparingly'.

Like the number of your posts having any interest or relevance.

:lol:

(consider yourself out-trolled)

​Just for you..............

​Just for you..............

​You're too quick for my, Knabby.

I'd very quickly changed my post to be self-deprecating instead of taking the mickey out of you, but you are obviously spending all your time online so got the un-edited version.

The original reply (insinuating that we are both senile old buggers) was also meant to be self-deprecating, but never mind.

ive decided to compile together the goals scored by bent and ince that ended up with us gaining more points, i.e. without their goals, we wouldnt have gained the points listed

Blackburn - 2 points gained (Bent x2)

Bournemouth - 1 point rescued (bent and ince)

Rotherham - 1 point rescued (Bent, Ince x2)

Sheffield Wednesday - 2 points gained (Bent)

Birmingham - 1 point gained (Ince)

Watford - 1 point gained (ince, Bent)

Brentford - 1 point rescued (Bent)

Huddersfield - 1 point rescued (Ince x2)

Millwall - 1 point rescued (Ince)

without darren bent's or tom ince's contributions we would be sitting with 11 less points, remarkably, that would mean we only drop to 9th in the table, but our chances of playoffs would have been decimated well before the final game of the season

i also havnt included assists, but id wager more points would have been dropped if discounting their contribrutions

ive decided to compile together the goals scored by bent and ince that ended up with us gaining more points, i.e. without their goals, we wouldnt have gained the points listed

without darren bent's or tom ince's contributions we would be sitting with 11 less points, remarkably, that would mean we only drop to 9th in the table, but our chances of playoffs would have been decimated well before the final game of the season

i also havnt included assists, but id wager more points would have been dropped if discounting their contribrutions

​You'd have to assume that someone else may take Bent's penalties, and that the ball wouldn't sit there until he stepped up.

Stats like these are always pointless. It's basically saying this is where we would be in the league if we just played with 9 men.

​You'd have to assume that someone else may take Bent's penalties, and that the ball wouldn't sit there until he stepped up.

​The club couldn't afford for Russell to take the penalties.

It'd cost a fortune to issue everyone in the South Stand with a hard hat.

​Football doesn't work like this. Take Ronaldo's goals out of Real Madrid and they'd have finish around 6th if you're going on it like that.

Football is a team game, and I know that we were a better team with Martin leading the line rather than Bent - regardless of how many goals the latter scored towards the end.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but Bent's contributions in the final third other than his goals were shocking. This analysis that 'he could do feck all and then score in the last minute' etc. doesn't work. 

Successful teams have 11 players pulling in the same direction. Not ten and one who can only score but offers little else. If that was the case, then you can only ask why Arsenal persist with Giroud and not buy somone like Charlie Austin.

Bent's inclusion instead of Martin meant we lost 80% of what we're good at - quick, sharp, forward passing, good forward movement and midfielders running off the frontman.

It's no coincidence that we started shipping goals as soon as Martin got injured too. We went from conceding three goals in seven games (before Bournemouth) to about 20 in the next 12.

Most of the time with Bent in the side we started to aim for balls in-behind and 99% of the time it came straight back again.

Cast your minds back to when we lost Kuqi and brought in the better goal scorer Luke Moore. Ask yourself what happened to our front play then...

Archived