15/16 Summer Transfers & Rumours

Day

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sterling to Manchester City, fee agreed for £49m YES £49M! Good player yes but the price I disagreed tbh.

Very overrated . Only had 1 good season and that was because suarez made him look better than he is, same as he made the whole liverpool team look better. He is the next lennon or wright phillips imo. 

I got what you were meaning, I'm just a serious guy. Yeah, don't rate Podolski at all, never have. I think he's gash.

He's one of those players who never lived up to his early promise for whatever reason but it's a bit much to describe him in that manner. How many caps for Germany? And unlike a few English 'superstars' I could mention he always performed in the big international tournaments when he was actually played in his correct position, as a second striker in a 4-4-2. Podolski is a 4-4-2 player in an era in which hardly anybody plays 4-4-2. 

hardly anybody plays 4-4-2. 

cus 4-4-2 is ****

people that suggest we use 4-4-2 just want me to bang my head on the wall

no fluidity or flexibility or versatility or creativity whatsoever comes from it, its just a pure lack of imagination

cus 4-4-2 is ****

people that suggest we use 4-4-2 just want me to bang my head on the wall

no fluidity or flexibility or versatility or creativity whatsoever comes from it, its just a pure lack of imagination

That wasn't what I was saying but  nevertheless I'll defend 4-4-2. Just like Podolski, it might have had its heyday but it's not **** at all. It didn't do Burnley and Leicester too much harm in the 13/14 season and Atletico Madrid used it to win the league. 4-2-3-1 has arguably been the most popular formation of the decade and as formations are fluid in real time 4-2-3-1 is often not too dissimilar to 4-4-2, certainly without the ball. 4-4-2 as a defensive, high pressing formation is hard to beat. 

Archived