Steele and Simpson also going allegedly

Curtains

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carver and stone just been sacked - so thats the cue for their move to Newcastle - and hence we may get a compensation from them. Which we should have got earlier....this will lead to Clement bringing in Ancelotti lol!!

​In that case, I would say: 

6rsjgi.png

​yep - and this is why DCFC have stuttered on this question...they knew they were going...but were holding out for some compo..........new broom  - new back room team......i'm ok for that

​I could have gone either way... Simpson would have been a useful retention because he knows the players well, but I can understand his and Steele's ambition to be in the Premier League, as well as Clement's desire to have his own staff. 

Good luck to both of them and thanks for the ride!

Carver and stone just been sacked - so thats the cue for their move to Newcastle - and hence we may get a compensation from them. Which we should have got earlier....this will lead to Clement bringing in Ancelotti lol!!

​Didn't relaise Stone was a goalkeeping coach :ph34r:

​hairs and split!! lol - one team out  - one team in - i will have money on Simo and Steele goin...

​I reckon Simpson will go. Steele maybe/probably, but i hope not. I know it's sentimental but if they are good enough I like old players around the place.

​I reckon Simpson will go. Steele maybe/probably, but i hope not. I know it's sentimental but if they are good enough I like old players around the place.

I think I speak for all of us when I say we like having you around the place too.

dcfcrammyboy is making my middle aged sense of decorum and lack-of-giving-a-****-what-people-think gland hurt with his youthful sense of self importance. Please make it stop.

Be sad to see them go. I still remember Simpson's grin when he first sat down. I like the way he talks. Comes across really well. Plus he's "Simmo". Feels like he belongs here. Feels like one of us like Nigel Clough.

Steele is one of the best. Got huge experience. Grant did start flapping a bit but look at how many times he's saved us. Against Boro it could have been 5+. A truly world class save in the first half. Last season his saves v Brighton. He's saved us more than double than what he's lost us. Even out of form he made 2 superb saves v Norwich. He's a better keeper now than before Steele. 

I thought they made a good pair. Friendly and stern. Attacking and defensive. Fresh ideas and experience. 

I'd love Clement to want them. I'd love them to want to stay.

Be sad to see them go. I still remember Simpson's grin when he first sat down. I like the way he talks. Comes across really well. Plus he's "Simmo". Feels like he belongs here. Feels like one of us like Nigel Clough.

Steele is one of the best. Got huge experience. Grant did start flapping a bit but look at how many times he's saved us. Against Boro it could have been 5+. A truly world class save in the first half. Last season his saves v Brighton. He's saved us more than double than what he's lost us. Even out of form he made 2 superb saves v Norwich. He's a better keeper now than before Steele. 

I thought they made a good pair. Friendly and stern. Attacking and defensive. Fresh ideas and experience. 

Tell your missus to put Kleenex on the shopping list this week.

I wouldn't mind them staying but often managers like to bring in their own back room staff. 

Would be funny to see the ones who played the "loyalty" card on Mac do the same on Simmo and Steele.... I won't hold my breath

Archived