Lewis Dunk

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunk is an excellent centre-half. Much better than Keogh and better than Shackell too. 

Neither of those would be happy to sit on the bench though surely? Unless we're moving Keogh to right-back (which was discussed a while ago). He would probably fit the profile of a Pearson full-back and allow for Olsson to get further forward.

He'd be an excellent signing but surely not a priority? Although I will be controversial and say that I think keogh is too mentally weak for us to go up with him in the team- he's symbolic of the lack of bottle in the team unfortunately imo, despite being an excellent footballer and defender. Perhaps Pearson agrees? Although having just made him captain I can only imagine this is ********.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He'd be an excellent signing but surely not a priority? Although I will be controversial and say that I think keogh is too mentally weak for us to go up with him in the team- he's symbolic of the lack of bottle in the team unfortunately imo, despite being an excellent footballer and defender. Perhaps Pearson agrees? Although having just made him captain I can only imagine this is ********.

He's made him captain and given him a new contract.

It would be Shackell that would make way for Dunk should he sign

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

He's made him captain and given him a new contract.

It would be Shackell that would make way for Dunk should he sign

I did think it would be a bit strange given the new contract, but I can't see that dunk would be much of an upgrade on shackell, just that he's younger

all in all a strange one unless he's going three at the back of course.

CasteltonRam, the poster who regularly says he hates Keogh and earlier in the window claimed to be in the know that Keogh was leaving, has now claimed to hear from the Brighton Radio that we've bid for Dunk, yet there's nothing about it on the Brighton forum or from any Brighton fans on Twitter. Call me sceptical but I think he's having us on.

7 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

People saying it's for competition or replacement of Shacks and Keogh, think about it. I think NP wants to go 3 CBs in a forward thinking 532, overload the midfield.

Would really help cover our lack of natural width as well. Also would help get the three in midfield we seem to desperately need. Worth a look

8 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

People saying it's for competition or replacement of Shacks and Keogh, think about it. I think NP wants to go 3 CBs in a forward thinking 532, overload the midfield.

Fair shout that, maybe why we haven't got a winger in

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

CasteltonRam, the poster who regularly says he hates Keogh and earlier in the window claimed to be in the know that Keogh was leaving, has now claimed to hear from the Brighton Radio that we've bid for Dunk, yet there's nothing about it on the Brighton forum or from any Brighton fans on Twitter. Call me sceptical but I think he's having us on.

Good spot, didn't realise it was him who posted it

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

That's why I put lol. 

Archived