McClaren turns down Newcastle

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've listened to the interview on the radio and I can tell you he's definitely going, his body language is terrible, the way he's twiddling his thumbs says to me that he's off to open a hostelry in Whitley Bay, Simmo is going to concentrate on his furniture making business, so he'll be doing the craft fairs at the weekend, and Steele is opening a beach bar in Sri Lanka.

dont worry though, we're getting a completely new squad next season, and as anyone who reads Internet forums will tell you, any player that's never played for the club or has been injured for over 3 years is 3000% better than any of the current squad, so we probably won't need a coaching team, and we'll have 109 points by Christmas so we'll all be able to go off and sip cocktails at Eric's bar while the rest of the league slug it out for second place, as is our right, and I'm not accepting anything less.

I've listened to the interview on the radio and I can tell you he's definitely going, his body language is terrible, the way he's twiddling his thumbs says to me that he's off to open a hostelry in Whitley Bay, Simmo is going to concentrate on his furniture making business, so he'll be doing the craft fairs at the weekend, and Steele is opening a beach bar in Sri Lanka.

dont worry though, we're getting a completely new squad next season, and as anyone who reads Internet forums will tell you, any player that's never played for the club or has been injured for over 3 years is 3000% better than any of the current squad, so we probably won't need a coaching team, and we'll have 109 points by Christmas so we'll all be able to go off and sip cocktails at Eric's bar while the rest of the league slug it out for second place, as is our right, and I'm not accepting anything less.

Body language, radio. Loving your work!

Where have you been all day?

Anyway he was offered the toon job officially Saturday evening, to take charge for their last 3 gamesgames, with immediate effect.

He told them he was not interested and was staying at Derby, apparently toon were shocked!

Mac Officially made the media aware after speaking to the players this morning.

Hences Toon interest in Moyle's, etc

​He was officially offered the job Saturday evening.......

​That was just for the last 3 games of the season though. Why would anyone take that with a good chance of a relegation on your CV.

​That was just for the last 3 games of the season though. Why would anyone take that with a good chance of a relegation on your CV.

​again, this is not true. Not confirmed by Newcastle, McClaren or Derby. This is media talk to cover their own lies.

All McClaren has done is to say he's here next season and that automatically creates rumours that he's refused this and that.

​again, this is not true. Not confirmed by Newcastle, McClaren or Derby. This is media talk to cover their own lies.

All McClaren has done is to say he's here next season and that automatically creates rumours that he's refused this and that.

​Oh OK, Just that I heard it on 5Live yesterday & it sounded like they'd got it from Newcastle.

​I would take it no problem at all, they have 3 games left and pretty much no chance of relegation and whatever happens you cant do any worse than Carver, so the question should be is....why wouldnt you take it?

​I would take it no problem at all, they have 3 games left and pretty much no chance of relegation and whatever happens you cant do any worse than Carver, so the question should be is....why wouldnt you take it?

​No chance of relegation?. They've lost the last 8 and are 2 points above the drop with an inferior goal difference. Slightly unlikely maybe but everyone below them has winnable games to come.

​I'd love to live in your fantasy world, I really would. I really can't work out whether you are naive, an ostrich as Nigel Pearson would say, or just a wum. 

How do you think deals in business are formulated? By everyone officially confirming every step in public all the time whilst things are being negotiated and discussed? Or for conversations to take place supposedly in private (seemingly impossible in a football club) and then, when things are or aren't agreed, a public statement is made? 

Why would Sam Rush or McClaren or anyone make a public statement every time another chairman, or agent, or representative rings him or a conversation is had? 

Just because McClaren is saying now he is staying doesn't mean he hasn't spoken to someone else about leaving.

​I'd love to live in your fantasy world, I really would. I really can't work out whether you are naive, an ostrich as Nigel Pearson would say, or just a wum. 

How do you think deals in business are formulated? By everyone officially confirming every step in public all the time whilst things are being negotiated and discussed? Or for conversations to take place supposedly in private (seemingly impossible in a football club) and then, when things are or aren't agreed, a public statement is made? 

Why would Sam Rush or McClaren or anyone make a public statement every time another chairman, or agent, or representative rings him or a conversation is had? 

Just because McClaren is saying now he is staying doesn't mean he hasn't spoken to someone else about leaving.

​you're a disloyal sausage-stirrer, that is all. 

Whilst you're right in terms that these things can and do happen, there's nothing other than mischief-making to prove what you're saying has actually happened.

Why would Rush, having spoken how he has spoken in recent weeks, in the Q&A etc, allow an approach for McClaren after all the denials and pomp? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

First the media said it was Monday, then Sunday, now it was Saturday (that McClaren allegedly declined a job offer). Yet the meeting where Carver DIDN'T offer to resign was on Monday.

If Newcastle were offering the job out with a manager still in place, they could be sued.

Archived