Give the manager a chance!

i-Ram

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking last night; might the club not have been a bit premature getting rid of Tim Ward? One poor season, and a number of people got on his back.

After he signed The King Zac Kevin Hector

Brian Clough inherited one of the best players ever to put on a Derby shirt. 

"Sack the board - we want Ward!" was the Popside chant.

Shows that fans are always right, eh?

Brian also got Durban and Webster...and first of all, Cloughie built a Derby side that scored and conceded hatfuls of goals...hmmm, I seem to have witnessed most things before.

I was thinking last night; might the club not have been a bit premature getting rid of Tim Ward? One poor season, and a number of people got on his back.

​I said that at the time - then again, it was a hurried appointment in the first place. I'm sure that if Harry Storer had been given more time, he would have got us promoted.

Problem with the Doc was that he moved a lot of players out which was probably needed but he replaced them with much lower quality and the downfall that ended in the old third division continued. A crazy year and a half of players coming in and out...

Too late for some now, they have egg on their face after saying it was a done deal that he was going to Newcastle.  All them months of blaming that for our downfall, and then when it comes out he is staying, rather than hold their hands up an admit they made a mistake they go on the attack.

its not going to stop now, as all the other fans who took pleasure in our recent cracks come out the woodwork and add fuel to the fire with more unsubstantiated rumours.

Did Newcastle sending for SM as soon as our season was over come out of the blue then?

It must be awful living in a world where everything in the Sun is 100% fact.

how do you cope?

Archived