keogh and martin interview?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't sorry but will say that Martin spoke very clearly, eloquently and intelligently.  I've not seen him speak at length before and it surprised me and certainly showed Keogh's shortcomings as an interviewee.

I was hoping one of them was going to come clean about what has derailed our season and although I wanted it - and despite people saying it happened, in other threads - I don't think they blamed it on McClaren's failure to dismiss the speculation.

When interviewed by Sky after the game, both alluded to our collapse being due to 'a number of different things' but they only mentioned injuries when asked what those things were.

I wonder what it is that's upset the team that they couldn't talk about...

Chris Martin interviewed very well: This was the first I have heard from him and he was actually quite honest and showed intelligence and empathy.

Keogh said 'obviously' a lot and, unfortunately, seemed bereft of ideas.

Martin mainly talked about how we have not been good enough over the last few months and from his facial expressions and his body language you could tell that there is definitely something behind the scenes more than injuries that has caused this. Whether he thinks its the manager or whether he is just peed off with the players, who knows.

But for me he talked with defiance and sounded more like he wanted to put it right rather than jump ship. I reckon Martin will almost certainly stay with us for at least next season and I think baring in mind he stays fit over the summer and comes back 100 per cent, he will come back with the bit between his teeth. We need a couple more characters like him throughout the squad ideally one at CM and one at CB.

Ramos, you sound like some body language expert, I hope you're right.  I'm a big fan of Chris Martin. 

Everytime I've heard Martin interviewed he comes across very well....measured and normal. Like the way he plays really, he knows exactly what he's doing. I so want him to play for us in the Prem and do well in the style of Ricky Lambert last season.

Shouldn't of done this but **** it.. Uploaded Keogh's (only one on there) from RP. 

Slight dig at the end with regards to Ireland having a better bunch? Coaches and players?.. Make your own mind up. I'm off to watch Pac v Mayweather

Got a sense from Keogh's response -

Asked: Where did it go wrong?

Answered (in a nutshell): A few bad things coming together. Injuries and ummm, yeh injuries.

Reading between the lines - lots of negativity behind the scenes that he didn't want to talk about in public (barring the obvious injuries). 

I back up what people say about Martin seemingly wanting to stay around and put things right, which is great.

Those commenting on Keogh's interview, you can be a good or bad defender, you can be intelligent or thick and you can come across well during an interview or not and I believe you can be any combination of those traits.  Just because he doesn't interview well doesn't make him thick and it is certainly no reflection on his ability as a footballer.

Archived