Has a team ever capitulated as much as Derby County?

Chris Mills

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​100%. Apart from Bucko, he is the only Derby player that I think has the ability to be a proper dirty ****. Exactly what we need. Centre halves with neon boots. **** off. Sometimes you just need to kick the *******. 

Let them play and they will beat you. 

I miss sausages. 

​i miss Bucko and sausages - and black boots (Alan Hinton was ok with white ones - who can remember that!!!)

​100%. Apart from Bucko, he is the only Derby player that I think has the ability to be a proper dirty ****. Exactly what we need. Centre halves with neon boots. **** off. Sometimes you just need to kick the *******. 

Let them play and they will beat you. 

I miss sausages. 

My first rule in defending- only 1 thing can go past, ball or player.

My first rule in defending- only 1 thing can go past, ball or player.

​It ain't in the net if it's in the stand. Football is a simple game made complicated by idiots. John Terry, Steve Bruce, Tony Adams etc... just win the ball and play it 5 yards to someone that can play. 

Our defence doesn't contain one ball player, as much as they like to think they are. 

​I miss white dog poo. Never see that anymore. 

​Its because of the processed, cooked food that most people force feed their dogs. It causes large, soft, brown stools. We switched to raw food 12 months ago and now we are the proud owners of white dog muck secreted in the borders of our garden. Its quite firm and a lot smaller than the previous diets remains. If left a couple of days, it turns white just like the good old days.

Enjoy your supper!

​Its because of the processed, cooked food that most people force feed their dogs. It causes large, soft, brown stools. We switched to raw food 12 months ago and now we are the proud owners of white dog muck secreted in the borders of our garden. Its quite firm and a lot smaller than the previous diets remains. If left a couple of days, it turns white just like the good old days.

Enjoy your supper!

​If my body would allow me to become moist, I would.

​Lee Grant is fine, don't understand the criticism he is receiving at the minute. The defence is the problem at the minute; can't deal with simple balls over the top and seem to collapse under pressure. Also, distribution has been a serious issue.

We've seen how good Grant is when he's playing with a solid back 4!

No goalie looks good behind a rubbish defence

You could put the Nottingham Forest European Cup winning Peter Shilton behind this defence, and he would look average. 

After every goal I expect Jeremy Beadle to jump out with a camera crew. 

You can't blame the defence for grant's howler. Its another for his collection. 

I'm beginning to think that its the same cause too. He takes his eye off the ball at the vital moment.

v wolves when he punched it into his own net he was distracted by the players in front of him -some blamed keogh 

v huddersfield when he totally missed the corner he was distracted by christie jumping at the near post

v millwall when he miscues he is distracted by the player running towards him

similarly v bournemouth when he trod on the ball

it seems to be the same basic but fatal error.

I'm beginning to think that its the same cause too. He takes his eye off the ball at the vital moment.

v wolves when he punched it into his own net he was distracted by the players in front of him -some blamed keogh 

v huddersfield when he totally missed the corner he was distracted by christie jumping at the near post

​Do you think he has a crush on Keogh and can't take his eyes off him?

​The goal vs Huddersfield, Christie touches the ball which is why it evades Grant.

But that is irrelevant anyway, every keeper makes mistakes. The fact that Grant has only made 4 all season is a sign of just how good a keeper he is!

​The goal vs Huddersfield, Christie touches the ball which is why it evades Grant.

But that is irrelevant anyway, every keeper makes mistakes. The fact that Grant has only made 4 all season is a sign of just how good a keeper he is!

Only 4!!

jeeze that made me laugh out loud.

he was decent for a season and a half, but for the last half season he has unfortunately been the worst keeper i've ever seen in Derby colours. If this was Roy Carroll or Steve Cherry or Yaka Banovic they would get absolutely slaughtered.

Only 4!!

jeeze that made me laugh out loud.

he was decent for a season and a half, but for the last half season he has unfortunately been the worst keeper i've ever seen in Derby colours. If this was Roy Carroll or Steve Cherry or Yaka Banovic they would get absolutely slaughtered.

​The worst? Get a grip man, he's probably in the top 10!

He has pulled off outstanding saves all season and his shot stopping is excellent. I've lost count of the times he's been one on one with an attacker and has come out and made a save. Or the times he's made a terrific save that looked destined to bury itself in one of the corners.

Grant is an excellent player, one of the best at the club. A few wobbly games playing behind an even more wobbly defence does not signify Grant is a bad keeper.

Archived