Daily Star Exclusive: McClaren will join Newcastle this summer on one condition

Ambitious

​So injuries are not are more plausible reason for our free fall? ( and the fallibility of some of our players?)

On many messageboards fans are claiming to have heard something .... like 'it's a done deal', 'a friend has been told by George Thorne' . Many of these stories are just contradictory. The same inconsistencies in the stories in different papers.

Who knows what the truth is but the willingness of some Rams fans to accept and grow these rumours is pathetic.

​Yes, pathetic that people weigh up the information and come to a decision about it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

I think if we don't get promoted, Mac will not be our manager next season. This rumour might be true, In which case he would be off to Newcastle, but even if it wasn't true, I'm not sure Mac would be sure of his job here if we missed out on promo two years running.., what happened to Garcia or Rosler who lost in the play offs last year? Mac lost too.. If he loses in the play offs again or even worse doesn't even get into the playoffs I can't see he can be guaranteed a job here next year. 

My only comment on this:

if it were pure speculation, how come it keeps cropping back up?

​People saying "No smoke without fire". Basically the media are feeding your rumours back to you. It then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy because of the unrest it causes.

I think if we don't get promoted, Mac will not be our manager next season. This rumour might be true, In which case he would be off to Newcastle, but even if it wasn't true, I'm not sure Mac would be sure of his job here if we missed out on promo two years running.., what happened to Garcia or Rosler who lost in the play offs last year? Mac lost too.. If he loses in the play offs again or even worse doesn't even get into the playoffs I can't see he can be guaranteed a job here next year. 

​Probably a decent argument for keeping McClaren, looking at how well Brighton and Wigan have performed after they were given the old heave-ho.

Knee-jerk reactions are for jerks.

PistoldPete2

​Probably a decent argument for keeping McClaren, looking at how well Brighton and Wigan have performed after they were given the old heave-ho.

Knee-jerk reactions are for jerks.

Well yes, if Mac had been sacked after we lost to qpr that would have been a knee jerk reaction. All I'm saying is questions would be asked if we failed a second time, but let's cross that bridge if we have to. 

To be honest when I first heard of Newcastle's interest i thought not a chance! The clubs a mess & ashley is a waste of space! Why would Mac want to leave? But after the last few mths, & yes i no its not all Macs fault, but I keep looking at the defence & all the swapping  & changing! I dont think he knows how to sort it out, i really don't! & im losing faith in him! So long as we get a decent replacement & i mean decent! Bye Mac its bn fun!

You could always paste by doing ctrl + shift + v. Instead of ctrl + v to cancel any format that gets dragged over.

​True but people would do it once then the next day start complaining again. Ticking the Paste as plain text by default in the setting is easier.....you would think.

I don't necessarily buy it, think a lot of newspapers, bookies etc. are clutching at straws.

That being said, if this is true and he's "dreaming of the Newcastle job", he can do one. The way the form has collapsed this season was bad enough, and if he doesn't want to be here we should get Warburton in.

When you say derailed our season, I personally don't buy that.  He is still going to work, coaching a group of professional players and doing his job.  He's not Skyping the Newcastle game whilst we're playing Brentford.  

If anything, it is down to injuries and a dip in form (for this, you may look to point the finger, but not because of the Newcastle link).  Nothing more, in my opinion.  

​I disagree. I think the players view him differently, even if it is only on a subconscious level. I don't believe they are playing for him in the way they were. I also think that some of the decisions he has made this season are those of a man that has taken his eye off the ball. 

​I disagree. I think the players view him differently, even if it is only on a subconscious level. I don't believe they are playing for him in the way they were. I also think that some of the decisions he has made this season are those of a man that has taken his eye off the ball. 

​Like what? 

The bookies are overwhelmingly pointing to him going. They don't always get it right of course but...

​but... you're going to react to it by posting emotive stuff like this:

I don't want him in that case. **** off and let Simmo take the rest of the season if that's the plan. 

​You may say 'if' but it appears to be quite clear where your mindset lies?

'The bookies' are like a magician in that they hold all the cards.

They're convincing people who know nothing that they know everything, when in fact they only know 'something' (because of their mates in the media) which might actually BE nothing!

Unlike a magician though they're doing it for profit not entertainment - relying on gullible people putting enough money in their coffers that it doesn't matter if occasionally they get sussed out, but still relying on the mystique that 'the bookies are rarely wrong' to ensure that no matter what happens they'll still have a line of lambs happily marching to the slaughter.

The odds on McClaren being the new Newcastle manager are what they are because of the number of people reading the newspapers and putting money on it. It's all part of the guise.

BASICALLY as Alpha said on the other thread -- I'd typed all this before I read it!

​That was not a Derby County shareholder, it was a Burnley shareholder, if that relates to the Shackell story I stand by what I was told.

I have had info from this employee before that has been correct but never really any great stories worth posting (although one was related to the Clough sacking which I shared with various posters via PM) so I don't really have any reason to believe it to be a made up story. Let's just say that people within the club are not expecting McClaren to be here at the start of next season.

​I'm confused now.Are you saying that your source is a Derby County employee and Burnley shareholder?

​Like what? 

Completely chopping and changing and not having a balance. 

Trying to play with Russell as a holding forward when stevie wonder could see that wasn't going to work. 

Refusing to change the tactics to fit the players he had available. 

Completely chopping and changing and not having a balance. < As a result of injuries, he tried to find balance but the only way that is/was feasible is by putting an untried CDM in the team - which he did.  

Trying to play with Russell as a holding forward when stevie wonder could see that wasn't going to work.  Martin and Bent out, tell me another option at his disposal?  

Refusing to change the tactics to fit the players he had available. < Perhaps he wasn't confident that the players could respond to drastic change in tactics? Or that was perhaps a bigger gamble, given the stage of the season that we were at (smack in contention for top two).  If he had changed tactics drastically, would he then have been accused of chopping and changing and not having balance (point 1^)? 

​I'm confused now.Are you saying that your source is a Derby County employee and Burnley shareholder?

​No, 2 different stories.

I posted something on here a couple of years ago that came from a Burnley shareholder, I do not even recall what it was but I think it was do with the transfer fee.

What I have heard about McClaren came from a DCFC employee.

What makes me laugh about this whole story, Mac comes out with a denial very similar in tone and word to Sean Dyche when he was linked to us recently, some flat out refuse to believe Mac, but accept Dyche's word as gospel?

The majority of posters here are male I assume, yet we call women for gossiping?

It's even inflicted normally sensible posters recently, statements such as 'Confirm or deny, let Simmo take over if that's the case, wish he'd pish off now, etc'.

Maybe he'll go, maybe he won't but one thing is guaranteed, he and everyone connected to DCFC will give absolutely everything to see us promoted at the end of the season, if we're not good enough then so be it, but to say he's not bothered cos he's off, or the players don't listen cos he's off, is so patently stupid it's absurd.

Archived