Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly boys it's nice to see I'm getting some love on here too... Bit of stick as well 

Secondly we remain keen on signing bridcutt but I was told it would be sorted last week. I'm sure your not all daft enough to know that transfers can hit complications or snags. I'm still expecting him to sign 

finally as I state on the other forum, I post information that I'm told by my club source. I don't ask to be believed. That itself is down to you. I don't ask to be slated either

come on you rams

chris

what exactly do u know regarding ince bridcutt shackell and this mystery other big signing?

Why?

Aren't you betraying a confidence?

Because he is nice ?

Why does it matter if he does, or is it because you might think it's Nixon in disguise :-D

Thing is, when people post info you usually get 2 responses.

1) People buy into every word. You tell them that this should happen and then they think it's nailed on. They'd stake their homes on it. If you say "we should sign xxx on Tuesday" they expect to see xxx at 00:01 on Tuesday. If he's not signed then give up. move on. Not worth it. What's so hard about multi million pound transfers between companies? Player negotiations? 5 minute job. No reason for life changing decisions to take more than a few minutes.

2) You get people that are so fed up and bored of attention seekers pretending to be sports journalists (who are full of **** themselves half the time). These people are fed up of the other people too who drink up every word of #footballtransfersofficial23112. Scratching their heads at how come people actually believe the nonsense shat out on social media. Thinking it's tragic looking into a half second vine clip of Tom Ince having a ***** and trying to figure out whether it's a Derby City Center public toilet. 

-----

I quite like reading some of the stuff from people who seem to know a bit. But I don't hold them to it. I'm not going to stick £500 on skybet. Neither am I going to dismiss them as attention seekers if they have been spot on in the past. Just take it in your stride. The bullshitters tend to be obvious so stop falling for them. The actual itk people are not going to be 100% right all the time. 

If you're going to believe everything you read then you're in for stressful transfer window twice per year

But it is nice to have one or two people with a decent track record giving us a bit of an idea of what's in the picture. 

But that's all it is. Don't take itk folk too seriously. Don't mock them unless they obviously (and loads of them are obvious) know as much as they read in The Star. Just chill. 

Negotiating huge amounts of money takes time.

Classic way of trying to get out of a contract, claiming the interpretation is wrong. I think most courts over rule these in favour of what the intention of the contract was.

They do mate. Wouldn't want it to go that route tho. He'll be out of contract by the time the lawyers have bumbled their way through it all and I don't know if suing over contract means you get costs if you win - you don't in small claims court (for info).

Spot on Alpha.

Working in procurement myself, negotiations on deals worth six figures plus can take weeks, and seven figure deals can drag on for months at times.

If Sam Rush can get this one over the line in a few weeks then fair play to him and that's why he is paid handsomely for the job he does.

So in a simple way to people.

We put in a clause in the loan arrangement that a fee of say £5 Million would bring the player to DCFC if DCFC decided to sign him on a perm. When it comes to the loan not much negotiation around this clause exact maybe the value would have been done.

Fast forward six months. DCFC put an offer on the table to Hull for the following:

£2 Million upfront
£1 Million in a years time
£1 Million when he has played 50 games
£1 Million on promotion to the PL

Total Deal - £5 Million.

Hull City - "We're not selling him"

Derby "You agreed £5 Million and that's the offer on the table"

Hull City "We're not selling him"

Derby "Here's the signed contract committing to £5 Million"

Hull City "£5 Million upfront payable immediately or no deal"

Derby "That's not what the clause says, doesn't say how we pay it, when we pay it, but we'll concede, scrap the £1 million to the PL, we'll give you £3 Mill up front"

Hill City "No deal, £5 Million, oh and by the way Ton Ince doesn't want to leave"

Derby "Yes he does, but I can see we are a long way apart here"

Etc Etc Etc

Now I would assume during all of this, personal terms have been agreed with Tom Ince from when he was here on loan but if they haven't, we face another dilemma and its similar to the above.

If you think this type of negotiation, bearing in mind Sam Rush is doing the same with Shackell, another even bigger player (According to Nixon), a German Centre Back and the next Loan Star of the future, well, it takes time.

Be patient, Sam Rush is the best CEO this club has had and his ability to turn deals around for DCFC is second to none. I hope he has the authority to make the offers to clubs and it doesn't require board approval each time. That's my worry.

Going back to what Eddie said in regards to Chris about it being a betrayal of confidence -- it's not that simple.

First of all, if chris's source is in a position to be privy to that kind of information then he is giving away scraps. By keeping him anonymous, Chris isn't hurting anyone. The source hasn't broken any laws. 

If Chris's source is feeding of scraps, and is not being named, then the same as above - no harm done. 

There is also the possibility, that the club may wish to release little information this way.

The world of communication is very shady. But at least it's keeping our summer interesting. 

Also, Chris and other people haven't broken and confidential agreements or laws. 

Carry on Chris and Mackworth. 

Going back to what Eddie said in regards to Chris about it being a betrayal of confidence -- it's not that simple.

First of all, if chris's source is in a position to be privy to that kind of information then he is giving away scraps. By keeping him anonymous, Chris isn't hurting anyone. The source hadn't broken any laws. 

If Chris's source is feeding of scraps, and is not being named, then the same as above - no harm done. 

There is also the possibility, that the club may wish to release little information this way.

The world of communication is very shady. But at least it's keeping our summer interesting. 

Also, Chris and other people haven't broken and confidential agreements or laws. 

Carry on Chris and Mackworth. 

Mel Morris disagrees 

Link below was on BBC Sports Gossip - seems to suggest Hull are looking at James Wilson from Man U. Possible cover for Ince? Can only find he is a striker rather than a wider player so could be 2+2 = a large number

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-target-Manchester-United-striker-James/story-26816151-detail/story.html

100% striker - definitely nothing to do with Ince.

Good player. I'd guess that 15-20 goals would be a reasonable expectation if he was to sign and play regularly. 

Spot on Alpha.

Working in procurement myself, negotiations on deals worth six figures plus can take weeks, and seven figure deals can drag on for months at times.

If Sam Rush can get this one over the line in a few weeks then fair play to him and that's why he is paid handsomely for the job he does.

So in a simple way to people.

We put in a clause in the loan arrangement that a fee of say £5 Million would bring the player to DCFC if DCFC decided to sign him on a perm. When it comes to the loan not much negotiation around this clause exact maybe the value would have been done.

Fast forward six months. DCFC put an offer on the table to Hull for the following:

£2 Million upfront
£1 Million in a years time
£1 Million when he has played 50 games
£1 Million on promotion to the PL

Total Deal - £5 Million.

Hull City - "We're not selling him"

Derby "You agreed £5 Million and that's the offer on the table"

Hull City "We're not selling him"

Derby "Here's the signed contract committing to £5 Million"

Hull City "£5 Million upfront payable immediately or no deal"

Derby "That's not what the clause says, doesn't say how we pay it, when we pay it, but we'll concede, scrap the £1 million to the PL, we'll give you £3 Mill up front"

Hill City "No deal, £5 Million, oh and by the way Ton Ince doesn't want to leave"

Derby "Yes he does, but I can see we are a long way apart here"

Etc Etc Etc

Now I would assume during all of this, personal terms have been agreed with Tom Ince from when he was here on loan but if they haven't, we face another dilemma and its similar to the above.

If you think this type of negotiation, bearing in mind Sam Rush is doing the same with Shackell, another even bigger player (According to Nixon), a German Centre Back and the next Loan Star of the future, well, it takes time.

Be patient, Sam Rush is the best CEO this club has had and his ability to turn deals around for DCFC is second to none. I hope he has the authority to make the offers to clubs and it doesn't require board approval each time. That's my worry.

At present I imagine Mel Morris has a big say on the amounts Rush can put forward. If that's the case then it would be a much quicker turn around than getting full board approval. 

Mel Morris disagrees 

from a company/bank/government yes. From a civi point of view, not.  Still no laws are being broken, unless whoever leaked that information signed confidentiality agreements. Still, not the fault of Chris or Mackworth. 

Archived