Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's apparently been used as a target man by Hull - up front on his own, with players pumping long balls up to his head:o

Isn't that called 'teabagging'?

Surely the answer is to pay a lump sum then say half each of the rest over two more years with the proviso that if we get promotion, we then pay all the outstanding money as soon as we get the first installment of the Sky cash. Problem is that Bruce wants Ince not the money. There are two automatic places up for grabs, why would he want to sell us a potential 20 goal a season player only to finish behind us in the league? Derby have the money and expect to be promoted, so the risk is reasonable but we cannot ensure promotion.

In all the years I've been looking at the accounts,the longest term of payments has been 2 years (and in reality,probably only 1 year,with £x up front,and £y a year later,i.e. spanning 2 financial years). The reason I know this is that the B/S has consistently included the item "Players registration fees payable in 1 year" (i.e. a current liability). If we'd paid over a longer period,then there should have been an entry in long term (i.e. over 1 year) liabilities,which I've never seen.

I even wonder (though I don't know) if there's a League regulation governing this.

In all the years I've been looking at the accounts,the longest term of payments has been 2 years (and in reality,probably only 1 year,with £x up front,and £y a year later,i.e. spanning 2 financial years. The reason I know this is that the B/S has consistently included the item "Players registration fees payable in 1 year" (i.e. a current liability). If we'd paid over a longer period,then there should have been an entry in long term (i.e. over 1 year) liabilities,which I've never seen.

I even wonder (though I don't know) if there's a League regulation governing this.

Thanks for the clarification Ramblur. in that case we would have to cough up the cash next year regardless of whether we get promoted or not.

Thanks for the clarification Ramblur. in that case we would have to cough up the cash next year regardless of whether we get promoted or not.

Maybe,but it could just mean that selling clubs have always insisted on this in the past,and that there's no League reg covering it.

We are going to pay the money one way or another, that's for sure, Ramblur.

Only if we get him though,Rampage!

Just looked at the League Regs governing transfers,and the only stipulation is that the fee must be paid in full within the period of the player's contract,so longer term arrangements are permissible.

The past two weeks has turned me into a transfer crack addict

NEED... MORE... SIGNINGS...

They'd better keep up this weekly signing average or we're gonna have a very boring July... Although we would end up with a squad size of about 50...

Archived