Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody else think nearly £5m for Ince is crazy?

Nope, good forwards go for much larger sums these days ie. McCormack for £11 million, Ulloa for £8 million, Gestede valued at £8 million...

>£5 million for Ince is great value, especially as we have all seen he has the capability to perform in the Premier League and being a key player in our team if we got promoted.

May as well pay over the odds for a good player now than spend less on a player we'll not use if we then get promoted and have to sign someone else.

Does anybody else think nearly £5m for Ince is crazy?

No not really, when you think we have this price tag of £10m upwards for Will Hughes. Tom Ince is a game changer, he has the ability to score from set pieces as well as from open play whilst he is also able to create for others in both scenarios too. 

Its £5m worth spending IMO :)

Nope, good forwards go for much larger sums these days ie. McCormack for £11 million, Ulloa for £8 million, Gestede valued at £8 million...

>£5 million for Ince is great value, especially as we have all seen he has the capability to perform in the Premier League and being a key player in our team if we got promoted.

May as well pay over the odds for a good player now than spend less on a player we'll not use if we then get promoted and have to sign someone else.

What I mean is that, despite our newfound financial whack, can we afford to go splashing nearly five mil on any player? This is a player that has been on the books for two differents clubs in the premier league and done nothing. We've already spent (allegedly) 2.5 on Weimann, and are reportedly prepared to pay over the odds for Shackell as well. 

No not really, when you think we have this price tag of £10m upwards for Will Hughes. Tom Ince is a game changer, he has the ability to score from set pieces as well as from open play whilst he is also able to create for others in both scenarios too. 

Its £5m worth spending IMO :)

A lot of people seem to think he doesn't track back well enough, and the only time he has he conceded a penalty! That he unbalances the team and this contributed in part to our defensive collapse in the last couple of months of the season?

I think he's an excellent player and easily too good for the Championship given his form with us, but can we afford to cough up so much for him? It's a huge amount of money. 

Is this tongue in cheek?

The only reason we got Ince last season was due to his inability to play at the level the Premier League requires.

He was asked to play out of position. 

It's all down to opinion, of course, but I personally can't think of any player in the Championship I'd prefer to see in a Derby shirt. 

£5million for Ince is still a good deal. People can't demand £5million for Hendrick and then be shocked we may have to pay the same for Ince.

Ince is an exceptional footballer - 42 goals, 29 assists in 124 Championship appearances prove that. When you consider most of the time was in a terrible Blackpool side then it should be lauded even more. 

I think people should take stock of the fact we're breaking our transfer budget on someone who is proven at this level. Some could say we could find better abroad but as shown with Albentosa, Kike and a few others, it's not that simple.

Ince is as much of a sure thing as we can get. 

Is this tongue in cheek?

The only reason we got Ince last season was due to his inability to play at the level the Premier League requires.

Ince has ability to play in the PL, he just needs a system to get the best out of him.

Look at Glenn Murray at Palace, shipped out early season on loan at Reading under Warnock and then became arguably Palace's most important player under Pardew.

Ince would be fine in a 4-3-3 in the PL, in fact Palace wouldn't be a bad shout for him at all.

Harsh labelling him not good enough for the PL because he couldn't get in a Hull side who played a defensive, direct 4-4-2 system. I bet someone like Bojan wouldn't make an impact in that team either.

PistoldPete2

Ince has ability to play in the PL, he just needs a system to get the best out of him.

Look at Glenn Murray at Palace, shipped out early season on loan at Reading under Warnock and then became arguably Palace's most important player under Pardew.

Ince would be fine in a 4-3-3 in the PL, in fact Palace wouldn't be a bad shout for him at all.

Harsh labelling him not good enough for the PL because he couldn't get in a Hull side who played a defensive, direct 4-4-2 system. I bet someone like Bojan wouldn't make an impact in that team either.

no, ince isn't ready to play in the PL, not until next year. In the meantime, he needs to play a year in the Champisonship with us, so come one incey sign for us now!

Archived