American Police

Dale The Ram

I just want to say it is becoming alarming the amount of unarmed people being shot (colour irrelevant) in the USA, and also other countries.

I have no doubt that there are great policemen in states but whether its training or the guns that affects it, it needs to stop.

I know Americans enjoy guns, its in their culture and defend this right due to the constitution but I must say, if you need to shoot a guy 9 times whos unarmed and running away from you, you aren't well trained. also if you intend to use your taser yet pull out your gun, you aren't well trained (although in this scenario the officer was 73, the maximum age in England is 55 years)

And may I say, i thank every one who are brave enough to protect and serve their country

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The crims should start using bows and arrows. 

Not really fair if the Sheriffs have got Colt 45s though.  

Do you know what I find murder in America? Bloody rap music. 

If they were to abolish rap music and replace it with songs from Glee or by the kids from Fame, I am sure it would be a much more civilised place. I have no answers though how to stop them eating.

If they were to abolish rap music and replace it with songs from Glee or by the kids from Fame, I am sure it would be a much more civilised place. I have no answers though how to stop them eating.

Guns don't kill people, rappers do. 

If this this is your solution you are the anti-Christ!!!

I would recommend replacing it with Pavarotti and Maria Callas, now that would be a country, makes you wonder whether dictatorships are bad after all​

Our coppers are knobs I can vouch for that, they don't kill us randomly tho.

Problem in America is not Police training nor is it rappers, it's the gun laws which allow any Tom **** and Harry to own one, in turn the Police have to carry them.

Nobody needs a shotgun, AR or handgun to defend their home, it's ridiculous. For a country that loves baseball can't anybody swing a bat?

Make all guns illegal, Police won't need to carry and they won't have the power to take anyone's life.

Bent copper over here can pin charges on you which a solicitor will get you out of. A bent copper over there has the power to kill. 

I always respected our police being young I got a image of these helpful nice guys who get rid of the bad guys.

Once visited a hostel (long story) and the windows got smashed and the front door was left open. Someone ran in and did something and the cops came and basically didn't believe anything what each of us said.. Even making comments regarding ghosts etc which was immature guess there like they are on the tv shows.. Complete Knobs.

Same here, I was always under the impression that the Police were decent and fair, the only people that didn't like them were the criminals.

Wasn't till my run in with them that changed my mind.

Very long story short, I called the Police about a problem with the ex and property belonging to me, threatened, followed etc. Police did nothing, instead they came round on a counter complaint about me and interviewed me at home, never arrested me or anything, took a statement, never let me show any evidence that backed up what I was saying, wasn't interested one bit. They left, gave the impression that was that, had a call a week later from some snotty Police Woman saying they are cautioning me and I have to come down to the station to sign for it.

I'm not signing for anything lady, ok we'll give you a week to think about it, week passed, yeah I'm not signing for anything still. Fair enough, passing it to CPS you will hear from them if they want to take it to court, if you don't hear anything forget it.

Weeks passed heard nothing, ex text my mate with a picture of a letter saying I failed to turn up to court, I never had any letter or anything. Rang Police, believed me, said come down the station and we'll walk you straight round to the court in the morning don't worry about it. Get to the Police station and they arrest me, take my shoes, tie, search me, chuck me in a cell, then transferred underground to a court cell where they thought I was masturbating (that's another long story) and I finally got to see a solicitor for the first time since all this started. You see ******** here thought if you have nothing to hide, you don't need one, only guilty people need a solicitor, wrong! 

Get into court, not guilty. Trial date set early March. CPS argue I should be held in custody, judge laughs them off and sends me away with no bail conditions at all.

Get to trial they do all that negotiation crap, my solicitor is there saying I've done nothing wrong etc. they agree to go into trial, just before we do he hands all my evidence to the CPS lawyer, next minute I'm called into court and the CPS are asking for it to be adjourned as they wasn't expecting the evidence I had. Called it a "ambush", judge asks my solicitor why it wasn't submitted earlier, he says it was an oversight at their office, I pipe up and say no it's because the Police wouldn't let me show anything. 

I get told to be quiet. ****.

Case adjourned, trial date June. Monday just gone I had to go in again, for mention, this was so that they could issue new statements regarding my evidence (which clears me) and announce new witnesses for the trial. Get to court, solicitor comes in late as usual, gives me a wink then say's he'll be back in a minute.

Comes back, CPS haven't turned up, they haven't done anything either since the last court date, no more statements, no more interviews, no witnesses like they wanted the extension for. I'm free to go, looks like it's being dropped I'm told and about time to, but I have to wait now for confirmation in the post as the court check with the CPS.

And this ****** has spread over almost a year now. 

If I had a pair of tits this would have been over in a day, sadly I don't which is another long story as I would really like a pair.

If you ever get arrested, get a solicitor straight away no matter what, the Police are *****. Least I haven't been shot tho.

All police forces have firearms units and they do a fine job. I can only think of one firearms incident in recent times that went badly wrong, that Brazilian lad on the underground. Sadly I think most in this country would have pulled the trigger under the circumstances. 

Daveo that's the polices job mate, look for evidence of an offence and send it to court, that's it. It's down to you and your brief to fight your corner. Police are forced to take Domestic incidents seriously, sounds like your allegation was malicious, pain in the ****but it happens... I've had allegations made against me, so I'm always very cautious when going into relationships or shagging around. 

I look at it this way, the met have got about 30,000 officers that's a full PP. How many of them are bent? 300 which is 300 too many is only 1%.

As for American Police it's a problem they've created for themselves. You're bound to get the mental gun toting officers when children are given Uzis to play with.

This lad speaks a lot of sense.

I agree totally that gun laws need to be changed wholly here in the States.

But tbh I do not see anything,let us say drastic,happening in that regard; at least in the short term.

yes i received a caution years ago for something so fickle..

i stopped at a post box to deliver a letter in Loughborough, i would have been 25 seconds max, so a hgv had just  tried turning into the main road and because of the turning circle she (yes lady driver) couldn't manoeuvre out of the centre of the town, now i was in the car by now and she wouldn't back up because she had a bad day and thought "i shall take the piss a touch and park right up my arse", now i couldn't go forward (parked car) and she wouldn't let me go back, so she got out of her wagon and started giving me a right earful, she opened my door and slammed it on my arm (very badly bruised), she opened it again and i pushed her backward to clear my door so i could get out, she came out of a one way street the wrong way and it had exceeded her time restriction (no traffic after 10.30am) and it was 11.40am, the police had me down the station for 3 hours and received a caution for common assault because i pushed her away from my car, i asked about all her crimes and they said we didn't have any cctv footage and it was hear/say.:angry:

I agree totally that gun laws need to be changed wholly here in the States.

But tbh I do not see anything,let us say drastic,happening in that regard; at least in the short term.

​Do you have guns AR? I seem to remember you saying that you did. If so, why do you have them?

Archived