Not going to happen

Alph

No! Not promotion. That's nailed on for Wembley (don't pay £30 to park)

Grant, Forsyth, Thorne, Hughes, Russell and Martin. The players who were not only key last season but finished the season so strongly that we thought with that bunch playing together, with a good supporting cast, we might have promotion wrapped up for Christmas morning have not all been on the pitch together once.

Those players looked boss. Grant making wonder saves, Forsyth hitting evil crosses and spending all his time in their half, Hughes being Hughes, Russell being a grafter and counter attacking beast and Martin being the begining and end of everything. Would anyone have NOT had them in their Championship storming 11? Then we only went and signed Gorgeous George!! 

What a team eh? With the support of Bryson and Hendrick and Co we were fine about losing Wisdom who was so strong that he shook off 30,000 Derby fans after we destroyed Brighton to join the rest of the players in the stand. 

With George having expected niggles and strains etc it probably means that the key players you would have picked out in August haven't played one game together all season.

Bit frustrating isn't it? 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason I was devastated last season because I thought that would mean it for the the team. Thorne would not be signed, or midfield trio would be picked of by premier league sides, but testament to the board that never happened. But rest assured of we don't go up this season then this team will be broken apart and it may take a decade before we have someone like William. 

The only reason I was devastated last season because I thought that would mean it for the the team. Thorne would not be signed, or midfield trio would be picked of by premier league sides, but testament to the board that never happened. But rest assured of we don't go up this season then this team will be broken apart and it may take a decade before we have someone like William. 

Why will will go? Where will will go? Will we want will? Will will want us! Can't carry on - losing my will to live.

Archived