Season over

DerbyRam!

of course we have a chance in the play offs. with confidence we would have gone on to score a few today. harsh reality is, withut confidence we look like we have some players missing. but people would be on here raving about us going on to win it if bent had taken his chances, he didnt so they come on here and say ecerything is ****. truth is, thats bloody football, and nothing is over yet

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see us going up. Just can't see it. If we win the next 2 you never know, and that was the last game against a top side (OK, we got Brentford, but it's at home and are a shade down on the real top sides in the division).

Martin back is one good thing.

And not going up isn't the end of the world - we'll all still be back and if McClaren goes, we could now attract a good calibre of manager and ins and outs will hopefully see us not too much weakened, although I think this team as it is will break up over the summer. 

We will make playoffs no problem. 

Martin being back is massive.

We play some poor teams soon, not sure why people have given up. As soon as playoffs are out the question then we give up but as fans I would hope everyone fights til the end and continues to support the team. 

​we all watched it, and i know you have a right, but I'd like to dissuade you from making the same comment over and over again, it doesnt fuel debate it merely makes people respond to the over the top negativity. its reactionary nonsense because you are disappointed, but everyone is disappointed, but ranting and finger pointing isnt a good line to take. we will hopefully make the play offs, and give a good account of ourselves. stop looking for blood

TGF Mac can go for me. It's almost a certain anyway. That interview just said it all. Offski. 

I can't understand his decisions to continually pick christie and keogh. Why. Why. 

The whole ground gasps when they get the ball. That christie is a disgrace and experienced manager like Mac should really no better 

there is unrest throughout. 

Such a shame.  

Still I'll be shouting for them at Wigan. 

Just think we could still have clough here and playing dynamic football

TGF Mac can go for me. It's almost a certain anyway. That interview just said it all. Offski. 

I can't understand his decisions to continually pick christie and keogh. Why. Why. 

The whole ground gasps when they get the ball. That christie is a disgrace and experienced manager like Mac should really no better 

Such a shame.  

Such a shame.  

Such a shame.  

Such a shame.  

No the seasons not over, we're top 6 and I expect us to stay there till seasons end, If we were offered play offs at the start of the season who would have turned that down, in all honesty?

Where has this sense of entitlement for autos come from, we've made very little investment to expect any more, Thorne aside and he's been unlucky not to contribute more.

Would we rather be Wigan, also failed in the play offs and now desperately fighting relegation, or Brighton, finding solace in scraping survival? 

The talk on here is like we were the chosen ones, and any less than autos is a failure, we put our promotion hopes in a George Thorne shaped basket, from Zenit onwards it's been a pipe dream that GT will lead us up, in the meantime Eustace and Mascarell have done well, with little credit on here for their roles.

As for the thought we must go up to stop the squad breaking up, why? Do you really think PL teams will be falling over themselves to poach players who've proven themselves to be unable to cope with the pressure of a Skybet Championship season, or for that matter a manager with 2 successive seasons of failure?

Regardless of where we end up, these have been the best consecutive seasons to be a Derby fan for many a year, leave the chip on your shoulder and sense of entitlement at the turnstile and enjoy what's in front of you, rather than mourn what could have been.

Archived