The Lynx

Ovis aries

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite cool really.

As a nature enthusiast, always enjoy seeing them at my local zoo (slightly hypicritical I know, but it's actually a conservation centre, so not as bad).

Doubt, for a good while at least, people will get away with shooting them as it will be so widely publicised. 

We have a population of Iberian Lynx here in Southern Spain,about 200 at last estimates with 25 breeding females,but they are a very endangerred species,with loss of habitat,food,trapping and shooting by hunters all though it is a protected species,and road kill all making its survival precairious,although the Spanish Goverment have started a scheme to reintroduce a third colony,there are two areas at the moment.A beautiful animal,one that not many people have been lucky enough to see.

Nothing, especially over the BBQ.  Its Farmers who bread them and they escape and the impact they have in particular environments.  Stick them in woods and they do wonders, if they escape to moorland they will kill sheep, distroy crops etc.

• 1 month later...

Hello all. Would you be willing to take a minute or two out of your day to complete this lynx survey? All responses are anonymous and will only be used for a student project. Thank you very much in advance, it's greatly appreciated. 

Please let me know if they're any problems with the survey and feel free to ask any questions. Thanks again.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7SPGCPN

Hello all. Would you be willing to take a minute or two out of your day to complete this lynx survey? All responses are anonymous and will only be used for a student project. Thank you very much in advance, it's greatly appreciated. 

Please let me know if they're any problems with the survey and feel free to ask any questions. Thanks again.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7SPGCPN

Have completed the survey, feel a bit like I've been chugged! No part of it apart from the intro, felt like a genuine wildlife survey, I guess as an economics student that may be the point, but to get people to connect and therefore open their wallets, there needs to be a much more waffle, and emotion, to get me to part with my easily earned! 

Have completed the survey, feel a bit like I've been chugged! No part of it apart from the intro, felt like a genuine wildlife survey, I guess as an economics student that may be the point, but to get people to connect and therefore open their wallets, there needs to be a much more waffle, and emotion, to get me to part with my easily earned! 

​It's all about trying to value something that doesn't really have a market. Your Willingness to pay

Sorry guys, one slight problem, the question should have been clearer. For the final question, you have to give an answer for each level of contribution. It's to try and get a lower and upper bound for the WTP. I'm not sure what I can do about those who have already answered but thanks for completing it. 

​It's all about trying to value something that doesn't really have a market. Your Willingness to pay

Willingness to pay depends on how you phrase the questions though, and the introduction.

One way the WWF do this is through humanisation of the questions i.e. they'd give the lynxs a name, and a back story to connect you personally to enabling their re-introduction. 

Without that, it's very dry and doesn't connect with the donors on a personal level at all.

This may be off topic, and not what you're looking for feedback wise, but I can't imagine you'd secure much funding with the intro and questionaire as they stand.

Archived