Derby County v Reading

Mafiabob

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was really hoping Albentosa would be fit for this. If he's as good as those Spanish critics say then we want him in our team. But if he's not fit when the chance is there then we could potentially have a very good CB sat on the bench for a while.

McClaren won't take unnecessary risks to get him in the team. And despite there being critics of Keogh and Buxton... you kind of know what they can and can't do. You know the level of performance. So I just can't see Albentosa finding the opportunity to prove he's better for a while.

Bench

Your probably right but I'd prefer him to start so he's got the pace of the game from the off can be difficult for sub's to get into the game at times especially after so long out awsel. Also if he does have any kind of niggle from start we can sub him as required where as if he is sub might not have the option of another sub after if he incurs problems. Just a thought, all my trusts placed in Schteve

Your probably right but I'd prefer him to start so he's got the pace of the game from the off can be difficult for sub's to get into the game at times especially after so long out awsel. Also if he does have any kind of niggle from start we can sub him as required where as if he is sub might not have the option of another sub after if he incurs problems. Just a thought, all my trusts placed in Schteve

I have heard he's on the bench, so I tend to trust that.

But my personal hunch is that I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even come on, and if he did, it would be a last 5 minute job if the situation is right.

Sorry, but I do think this Thorne comment is a bit cynical to boost ticket sales a bit. If he is definitively going to play a part he should start, so the pace and style of the game can be influenced. But is he really ready for that, physically or mentally? Would seem a risk whichever way you look at it especially as this game represents a big opportunity for us to advance to the last 8. If he is to come on for the last 20/25 mins then surely that depends on any injuries arising before hand and the state of the game at 65/70. I suspect that Mac is hoping we might have a 2goal lead with 10 mins to go, or might want to waste time with a 1goal lead with 2 mins to go.

Sorry, but I do think this Thorne comment is a bit cynical to boost ticket sales a bit. If he is definitively going to play a part he should start, so the pace and style of the game can be influenced. But is he really ready for that, physically or mentally? Would seem a risk whichever way you look at it especially as this game represents a big opportunity for us to advance to the last 8. If he is to come on for the last 20/25 mins then surely that depends on any injuries arising before hand and the state of the game at 65/70. I suspect that Mac is hoping we might have a 2goal lead with 10 mins to go, or might want to waste time with a 1goal lead with 2 mins to go.

Great points.  Let's progress in the cup now. Wembley isn't far off.  Omar should get the nod here - he's been all the business and untouchable since his wretched effort versus Forest. 3 definite changes will be Warnock, Bryson, and Lingard. They will all start based on McClaren's comments today, and Thorne will "play a part" ... so yes, 10 mins to go or so, he will be on. Really doubt he should start, you're right.

The only tie of this round that has not been chosen for a live broadcast.

We're sneaking in under the radar folks.

Will be either next round or semi final.

I also think the Thorne thing is partly to sell tickets. It could be what makes up the minds of the should we/shouldn't we folks

You can't blame them though. They want people to come and watch them.

It's just a real shame Albentosa can't play.

Expect Bryson, Lingard, Warnock, Roos and Dawkins to start

I also think the Thorne thing is partly to sell tickets. It could be what makes up the minds of the should we/shouldn't we folks

Think they'll start tomorrow tbh.

Give i-ram the proper citation here, AS. You taking credit for his original idea! Plagiarist!

Archived