50 shades of grey

Boycie

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entertainment industry is huge, TV, Films, Books....I like to read and watch films, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings in my mind are utter tosh but they have made millions. Doesn't make me sick.

Got a few minutes before I am needed:

I understand how entertainment industry works in terms of what becomes popular(Feckin Twilight series for example) and I agree I have read some stuff before that was not that good writing overall but I enjoyed them anyway.

I suppose just very aggravated instead of sick about seeing stuff about this book and now movie.

I just plan on never seeing the movie and ffs hope to not have to deal with it much longer as far as checking it out(book),angry patrons,etc.

I read in the paper that "the BDSM community" shunned the book and the film because it doesn't show what they're really about apparently and gives people false ideas about them. Suppose it's the same with anything though. If they made a film about Derby County's season this year, we'd have people saying they got it wrong wouldn't we?

This is what's wrong with women's rights and sexism in the whole (pardon the pun)

I mean, if this book had been written by a man, then it wouldn't have took off like it has. It would have been regarded as sexist and seedy, and degrading to women.

Take me out, the tv series is another one.

If we had a load of men stood behind buzzers and leering at a woman coming down the love ladder or what ever, it'd be regarded as sexist.

Imagine the uproar if the man commented about her breast and wanted a feel, like the woman do regarding muscles.

I'm not jealous though.

Anyway, back to the book.

If she wants it up the trumper, all she needs to do is ask, I can't be bothered with all this sitting in a cinema for 90mins and all the food and alcohol that's gunna cost me money.

This is what's wrong with women's rights and sexism in the whole (pardon the pun)

I mean, if this book had been written by a man, then it wouldn't have took off like it has. It would have been regarded as sexist and seedy, and degrading to women.

Take me out, the tv series is another one.

If we had a load of men stood behind buzzers and leering at a woman coming down the love ladder or what ever, it'd be regarded as sexist.

Imagine the uproar if the man commented about her breast and wanted a feel, like the woman do regarding muscles.

I'm not jealous though.

Anyway, back to the book.

If she wants it up the trumper, all she needs to do is ask, I can't be bothered with all this sitting in a cinema for 90mins and all the food and alcohol that's gunna cost me money.

Is that a song by the Macc Lads?

Dave went to see this at 11am this morning... isn't that a bit odd?

Who goes to see any film, let alone one like this, on a weekday morning?

At that time of day it would most likely be him & the local WI ladies. Dirty boy.

Archived