simply the best - The Will Hughes appreciation thread

Gypsy Ram

Song is obvious, Whiter Shade Of Pale, but someone with better English could do the words! I'll start...

He skipped the tackle of defender

made another one look like a fool

I was feeling very excited

But the crowd called out for more
The IPro was humming harder
Then the atmosphere blew away
And we called out for another trick
The ref brought a yellow

And so it was that later
When he had won us the game

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's ace! Whiter Shade of Pale is perfect for blond Will, and would be an exclusive Derby song...

Tweaks - ' made another look a fool' (rhythmically better!)

'The ref brought our a card' (rhymes with 'harder'...)

We need to book Gareth Malone and get a few thousand into the South Stand for practice and get whipped into shape with these songs!

not sure you should be highlighting his physical afflictions in the form of a song.

I remember Dave Kitson getting upset when a few thousand Reading fans turned up in Ginger wigs as a tribute to him, I think he said something like "I've been trying to forget I'm ginger since I was a kid...."

Oops PC Police watching  ;)

Affliction?

Are pale skin or blond hair afflictions, or just characteristics?

Will has a very distinctive appearance, hence the original poster picked up on that song.

I too hate all the stupid prejudice based around hair and skin of course (and regularly do volunteer work for KIO, as it 'appens)

warming to my own theme ..needed to correct the lines after listening to it on Utube

Nobody does it better

Makes me feel sad for the rest

No body does it half as good as Hughes

Hughesy Hughsey  .. Hughesy your the best

I am a musical numpty but this song has got some great lines that sit brilliantly for footy

things like "No one knows how you do the things you do"

Oops PC Police watching  ;)

Affliction?

Are pale skin or blond hair afflictions, or just characteristics?

Will has a very distinctive appearance, hence the original poster picked up on that song.

I too hate all the stupid prejudice based around hair and skin of course (and regularly do volunteer work for KIO, as it 'appens)

Well it depends how sensitive he is. I would imagine he's not a fan of the albino references, I have my own albino mate, who has occasionally pulled off the "I'm Will Hughes", and was on SoccerAM about 15 months ago, but I know deep down, he doesn't like being singled out for his appearance.

I'm awful at this but here's what I'm thinking: Hugheyyyyyy the best.. Better than all your lot, better than anyone that ever wore a forest top. He's the best.

Wills' the best, arooouund.

Everyone will try to take you down.

You're the best, arouuund

Keep the ball and pass it on the ground.

You're the best, arooouund,

nothing's ever gonna keep you down.

(Karate Kid)

I'm awful at this but here's what I'm thinking: Hugheyyyyyy the best.. Better than all your lot, better than anyone that ever wore a forest top. He's the best.

Excellent! You're really good at this! I always get excited when a diamond gets discovered in the rough.

Archived