Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

Think we're struggling at the moment, and at a simialr time to last season.

Fortunately last season, we managed to scrape three 1-0 wins on the bounce to keep us in contention. Hopefully, the same can be applied this time around.

Blackburn (H), Cardiff (A), Bolton (H) do not represent particularly tough matches. We should be aiming to win all three, and would have backed us to do it a few weeks ago.

Not sure now though.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go with:

Grant

Christie

Warnock (it will be Forsyth)

Albentosa (it will be Bucko)

Keogh

Mascarell

Bryson

Hughes

Ward

Dawkins

Bent (it will be Martin)

Really looking forward to this match. Such a big one!

I'd go with:

Grant

Christie

Warnock (it will be Forsyth)

Albentosa (it will be Bucko)

Keogh

Mascarell

Bryson

Hughes

Ward

Dawkins

Bent (it will be Martin)

Really looking forward to this match. Such a big one!

Knew you would put Bent ahead of Martin get a grip stop hating him. When are you gonna change your 'profile pic' then?

Fortunately last season, we managed to scrape three 1-0 wins on the bounce to keep us in contention. Hopefully, the same can be applied this time around.

Blackburn (H), Cardiff (A), Bolton (H) do not represent particularly tough matches. We should be aiming to win all three, and would have backed us to do it a few weeks ago.

Not sure now though.

Not sure I agree these aren't 'particularly tough'. Blackburn are playing well at the moment, Cardiff have dangerous forwards and Bolton under Lennon are a resilient bunch (plus they have a player called Clough). I'd be delighted with 6/7 points, the way we are playing. We need toughening up and some competition for midfield berths. For too long Hendrick and co have been automatic picks.

Not sure I agree these aren't 'particularly tough'. Blackburn are playing well at the moment, Cardiff have dangerous forwards and Bolton under Lennon are a resilient bunch (plus they have a player called Clough). I'd be delighted with 6/7 points, the way we are playing. We need toughening up and some competition for midfield berths. For too long Hendrick and co have been automatic picks.

Injured.

Are they? Last 10 games in the league 2 wins 4 draws and 4 loss.

Blackburn and Cardiff in particular are out of form, the latter are woeful.

I think Bolton will prove a test, as Lennon for all his faults is tactically quite an astute manager but you would expect a top six team to beat them at home.

If Bournemouth or Middlesbrough had the exact same three fixtures, I wouldn't be expecting them to drop many (if any) points.

Knew you would put Bent ahead of Martin get a grip stop hating him. When are you gonna change your 'profile pic' then?

When he beats people 1 on 1 I will like him as a striker. On the profile pic when you beg me too or when he signs ... Whichever comes second

We're just not playing well at the minute and until the CDM issue is addressed properly we will continue to do so. Omar cannot play that role, you can tell immediately that the back 4 have no faith in his ability to protect them , look at the difference in our confidence and organisation when Eustace was in the side. Draw or loss for me and another frustrating performance of nervy long balls and incompleted 5 yard passes until someone with a bit of authority comes into the side

Martin CAN go past his man 1 on 1 , but it isn't necessarily his game , or his part in the tactical plan .. his role is to either hold the ball with his back to goal and bring the midfield or wingers into play , or flick it on forward 'one touch' for them to run onto , and he is the consummate master of this .. I fail completely to understand how anyone who watches Derby cannot see just how good a player he is , and particularly just how valuable he is to the way we play ..

The game and team is going to be a tough one to predict but we're awfully short at the minute in the wide positions. 

The team that started the second half with Ward in for Russell will be the team but I don't know whether we're going to go for the diamond or what.

Grant, Christie, Buxton, Keogh, Forsyth, Mascarell, Hendrick, Hughes, Ward, Bent and Martin. 

Want us to get back to moving the ball quickly on the floor. When we move it so slow that's how we end up having to go long. It seems to be either forward fast or sideways slow. What's wrong with sideways fast?

Not many teams are parking the bus now. No need to try and draw them out.

Faster doesn't mean more direct. Just faster please.

Might have to wait till Lent (is that some kind of emergency loan?)

Not sure now though.

Having moaned all season about people panicking like kids I also find myself lacking a bit of confidence for no real reason.

Why do reckon it is mate?

We've lost Ibe and Eustace but neither were without obvious faults

We cruised past Brum and Leeds.

We've brought in 3 new players since Leeds even

We were a little bit scrappy and longball v Ipswich and we played the occasion in the 2nd half v Forest. But that's it for negatives really. We even won the biggest of the two games!!

Yet there's something that doesn't feel right. Do you think it's just the pressure of how tight it all is?

The game and team is going to be a tough one to predict but we're awfully short at the minute in the wide positions.

The team that started the second half with Ward in for Russell will be the team but I don't know whether we're going to go for the diamond or what.

Grant, Christie, Buxton, Keogh, Forsyth, Mascarell, Hendrick, Hughes, Ward, Bent and Martin.

Yeah. It's rare that our wingers play 90 minutes. He likes to keep them fresh and full of energy

Now we look like we're down to two that have barely been playing. :(

Having moaned all season about people panicking like kids I also find myself lacking a bit of confidence for no real reason.

Why do reckon it is mate?

We've lost Ibe and Eustace but neither were without obvious faults

We cruised past Brum and Leeds.

We've brought in 3 new players since Leeds even

We were a little bit scrappy and longball v Ipswich and we played the occasion in the 2nd half v Forest. But that's it for negatives really. We even won the biggest of the two games!!

Yet there's something that doesn't feel right. Do you think it's just the pressure of how tight it all is?

I thought we were good against Ipswich given the circumstances, just slightly wasteful.

I admit I was slightly worried after the Wigan match earlier on in the season but after losing at Brentford we were very good again and hit a peak in the win wover Wolves and Watford.

I just don't like our midfield. Hughes is excellent, but I don't like the rest of it with what we have available.

I mean, I think Mascarell is a top player and much better technically than Eustace, but I'm worried he can't organise the midfield due to his lack of experience and lack of English.

That second half performance against Forest scarred me a bit. Not because it was Forest, as it could have been anybody for all I care. Just the absolute lack of tactical discipline from our midfield was painful and left me so disappointed.

Bryson and Hendrick, despite the qualities which they possess, showed such naivety. You can be as talented as you want, but without football intelligence it's worth nothing.

The wingers never worried me this season, but at this moment in time they all seem to be out of form and it's not helpful.

But above all the change in formation against Chesterfield (perhaps forced) gave me the impression that they're losing confidence in the system which has served us so well. And that's a big worry for me.

That second half performance against Forest scarred me a bit.

But above all the change in formation against Chesterfield (perhaps forced) gave me the impression that they're losing confidence in the system which has served us so well. And that's a big worry for me.

Why do you think i can't sleep?

Martin CAN go past his man 1 on 1 , but it isn't necessarily his game , or his part in the tactical plan .. his role is to either hold the ball with his back to goal and bring the midfield or wingers into play , or flick it on forward 'one touch' for them to run onto , and he is the consummate master of this .. I fail completely to understand how anyone who watches Derby cannot see just how good a player he is , and particularly just how valuable he is to the way we play ..

He may be the worst striker on this account that I've ever seen. He cannot beat a player ever which is why you see him fall down constantly and try to draw pushing fouls. On that, he's one of the best I've ever seen. His days are numbered, so we may as well teach Bent how to drop back more and play the little flicks and touches, and have him play solo central striker in our formation. When we play 2 up front, Martin is fine in the hole behind a true striker.  

Yet even with that, I know many were impressed by Bent on Saturday, but I was disappointed. Yes he lurked, but those 2 misses were pretty bad, and he would have been caught offside about 5+ times if the ball had been played to him each time. A few times he wasn't paying attention to where the last defender was. He's still a major menace though, and if he plays its hard to not see him scoring a goal a game.

Archived