Tattoos

Chris Mills

I do understand that tattoos are a very personal thing. I find them very unattractive on the feminine form, but I have been down that path before on this forum and I am not keen to go there again. In respect of tattoos for men, there are many reasons for having them. I understand those who might have them for personal reasons like "mum" and kids names, and allegiances to clubs or organisations. I can also understand those who have them to make themselves look "hard" or find themselves coerced to have them out of peer pressure. I am less sure of what the motivation is to have "beautification" tattoos as my own view is that whilst they might appeal to a certain type of woman, they will appeal much much more to other men of the penis persuasion. Beckham for instance, has I am sure very many more gay men (%) appreciators of his body than straight females (%). It's my view, and perhaps wrong. But hey ho.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do understand that tattoos are a very personal thing. I find them very unattractive on the feminine form, but I have been down that path before on this forum and I am not keen to go there again. In respect of tattoos for men, there are many reasons for having them. I understand those who might have them for personal reasons like "mum" and kids names, and allegiances to clubs or organisations. I can also understand those who have them to make themselves look "hard" or find themselves coerced to have them out of peer pressure. I am less sure of what the motivation is to have "beautification" tattoos as my own view is that whilst they might appeal to a certain type of woman, they will appeal much much more to other men of the penis persuasion. Beckham for instance, has I am sure very many more gay men (%) appreciators of his body than straight females (%). It's my view, and perhaps wrong. But hey ho.

Really i-Ram, just stop. Seriously. Generalisations all over the gaff...

Really i-Ram, just stop. Seriously. Generalisations all over the gaff...

I may take on board your recommendations Tombo, but given a) I have imbibed a bottle of Sauvignon already today, and b) much of the Forum today is given over to tosh opinion, I think on this occasion, a bit like the mighty Paul Heaton and the Beautiful South, I will carry on regardless.

I may take on board your recommendations Tombo, but given a) I have imbibed a bottle of Sauvignon already today, and b) much of the Forum today is given over to tosh opinion, I think on this occasion, a bit like the mighty Paul Heaton and the Beautiful South, I will carry on regardless.

Thought it was a 1961 film from teh Carry On team?

Not really at all.

Your 18-25 year old women seem to love tattoos (and beards) these days, not much hope for us clean shaven, tattoo-less blokes.

By and large i find tattoos unattractive and pointless, some i can appreciate but most look ***** in my eyes. I always used to find tattoos on females to be a massive turn off but i'm currently crushing on a girl with a cool swallow tattoo at the moment.

Fairplay to people that get them mind, their body and all that.  

I always used to find tattoos on females to be a massive turn off but i'm currently crushing on a girl with a cool swallow tattoo at the moment.

Well done you young Badlands. Better to date a girl with a swallow tattoo rather than a swallow taboo.

Your 18-25 year old women seem to love tattoos (and beards) these days, not much hope for us clean shaven, tattoo-less blokes.

By and large i find tattoos unattractive and pointless, some i can appreciate but most look ***** in my eyes. I always used to find tattoos on females to be a massive turn off but i'm currently crushing on a girl with a cool swallow tattoo at the moment.

Fairplay to people that get them mind, their body and all that.  

where does she have this word tattooed?

3 tattoos so far + 4th tattoo will be added very soon.

Rams tattoo on my right lower arm

A.G on my left lower arm

Family names + my missus on my back

No I don't regretted it at all. :)

Wait till the Mrs runs off with the milkman.

I'd only have a tattoo if it gave me some sort of scientific superpower, by which I mean contained circuits/chemicals/supergenes that gave me lots of money or superhuman abilities. Such things are probably coming down the line, but for now I'll laugh at this particular gump who's gone for a particularly fetching Adolf Physco: http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42954

As tats go, in comparison Chris's is utterly fabulous.

People that dislike tattoos are jealous as they are not man enough to go through the pain of having one, they look on with green eyes at the mini Beckhams walking the streets holding hands with the size 8 blondes they can only dream about or watch on [Censored by Google]

If you're not at work or surrounded by children, and able to view in private, do a google search on Bonnie Rotten and then Blackwidow Jody.

Blackwidow Jody has a very interesting spider's web tattoo, in fact, if memory serves, so has Bonnie.

I'd only have a tattoo if it gave me some sort of scientific superpower, by which I mean contained circuits/chemicals/supergenes that gave me lots of money or superhuman abilities. Such things are probably coming down the line, but for now I'll laugh at this particular gump who's gone for a particularly fetching Adolf Physco: http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42954

As tats go, in comparison Chris's is utterly fabulous.

Jesus Christ. That is awful. I'm happy for anyone to get any tattoo they like, it's their choice, but at least pay and wait for someone decent to do it.

I wonder if the artist looked at it after and thought "God, I've done a great job there". 

Pretty simple really. If you want one, get one. If you don't, don't.

I have 3 now, no plans to have any more at present but never say never, it just has to be something very personal to me.

Archived