2015 Formula One Championship

CumbrianRam

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How Hamilton contrived not to drive off into the distance in a lights-to-flag victory is worrying. He cocked it up three times as well from positions where a victory was still on the cards.

That takes nothing away from Vettel's performance though.

• 1 month later...

David Croft on Sky F1 is such a clown. He was in good form when the drivers came out on the podium.

"If someone landed from outer space, at this very moment, and dropped down in the middle of all this, they would think Formula One is the greatest sport on the planet - which quite frankly, on days like this, it very much can be."

Probably the worst bit of a commentary I've ever heard.

• 2 weeks later...

indeed it is. Sentosa Island, the botanical gardens and of course the Long Bar in Raffles where you just have to have a Singapore sling and throw your peanut shells on the floor as per tradition

When I was last there, Sentosa was still called Blakang Mati, reached by ferry from the main island. I went to Raffles a couple of times, but was too young to have a Singapore Sling - I had a 'Gunner' which was bitter beer, ginger ale, ginger beer and Angostura bitters.

My favourite place of all was the Singapore Botanic Gardens, just 15 minutes walk from Kinloss House, which was my boarding school.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what did Rosberg do? I turned it off when I saw Hamilton's fake crying.

Hamilton chucked him a cap and Rosberg with a right face on launched it back at him. On the podium didn't get involved with the champagne celebrations as well, just stood facing the wall with his back to it all

I'd be inclined to give Rosberg a bit of latitude with this one. He'd just completely surrendered the Championship thanks to yet another driver error. Clearly he wasn't in the best of moods but I suspect that most of this disappointment was self-focused.

Lewis has deserved this. Not his best drive of the season, and he benefitted from some good fortune, but he kept himself in the mix even when Rosberg and Vettel both looked better positioned. Over the season he's just been imperious. 

Archived