2015 Formula One Championship

CumbrianRam

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Formula 1 is dying on its feet , they will do anything to try and save it , that's why they stopped Hamilton winning today , they have to keep the season going .

​I agree that it needs to be more competitive, though what can you do? Mercedes compromised development of their 2013 car to concentrate on the new era of F1 cars and got a massive headstart on everyone else. Dont think for a minute todays issue with hamilton was deliberate in anyway, just a big mistake.

thecmain reason we get a prosession us the aerodynamics are that good at generating a clean air flow over the cars that us is incredibly unstable behind. It's like bug aircraft the generate a lot of turbulent air behind makeing following aircraft less efficient. Change the rules to ensure a more stable airflow behind cars and you'll get closer racing with overtaking. Oh and get rid of fuel restrictions to increase speed too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hulkenberg is a machine!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119499 

Was there this weekend and him and his team-mates Tandy and Bamber were something else, didn't make a single mistake the whole race and they seemed to find something in the dark that no one else could.

Webber came second, would have been closer if his team-mate hadn't got a penalty for overtaking under a yellow flag.

He really was, I was sat in the night at about the point where most of the other cars were breaking but he was hitting the left pedal about 10-20 metres later than everyone else.

Understandable that Hulkenberg takes the headlines and he obviously drove very well but Tandy was the difference.

Sith Happens

I love F1, but i dont find myself excited by it at the moment. Yes I want hamilton to win the WDC, but want it with more excitement, more competition....want to be on the edge of my seat like the days when mansell was racing. You rarely get that anymore, probably the last time was Jenson Buttons win in Canada a few season back.

I dont know what the answer is...even without the false measures in place like DRS/Tyres made purposly to go off/limiting fuel/limiting engines etc etc Mercedes would no doubt still be miles ahead - they were very clever when the new regulations came in and deveoped the new car well before anyone else...will be interesting to see then there is the next big step change as Ross Brawn was heavily involved with that development.

I find MOTOGP more exciting right now.

Archived