Raul Albentosa

Ashz09

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The original Ramalam here, those of you who may have known me from the 606 days.

Thought I would give in to temptation and join. Serious question: Does Mostyn still think he runs the joint?... ;)

Those of you who were at BMW for the Q&A with McClaren and Simo last night will know that its a done deal announced before end of play today / before the match tomorrow.

Also that we are about to break the transfer record but they wouldn't disclose who...

That is all

That's funny, I was there and no breaking of transfer records were mentioned and I'm pretty sure I heard everything that was said.

Nino - About to break the TRANSFER RECORD. Wot! Where's Daveo? Get your shorts out buddy!

And I've said all along who i think it will be - LC !

We have missed your intelligent posts, Ninos.

If we were going to break the transfer record, it would not exactly break the bank. Which position would we break the record for then? I would break it for a goalkeeper, a centre half, a midfielder or a centre forward but not for a winger. Which would I guess at then? Centre forward or centre half.

If we are to buy big then someone is also clearly leaving. All that time spent in Holland has brought no high level fruit as yet, so we will see. Likely to be a player from the games that McClaren watched in Holland. Ssewankambo would have agreed to a trial and he jumped at the chance of joining us, so not him they were primarily watching. If McClaren was offered one big signing at Xmas, surely he would have taken it. He has more to lose by not getting promoted than by apparently wasting say

That's funny, I was there and no breaking of transfer records were mentioned and I'm pretty sure I heard everything that was said.

So it was a windup? Perhaps 606 can explain when it was said. Is there any full transcript or article out there on what was said. Now I wanna know. And is Albentosa today or will it be announced tomorrow? 

Oh you are a one. I am not sure how much I believe here - sorry always been suspicious of strangers since an unfortunate incident when I was 9 that really wasn't worth the sweets, or the stroke of a puppy dog. But even if you are talking bull sausage it is interesting your insight on Mostyn. A tentative welcome therefore from me.

So when does Necid arrive, and is Daveo going to eat his boxers after all?

Cheers for the tentative welcome. in all seriousness I have kept an eye on threads on here for years but never joined. It can be quite addictive this lark and in all fairness I instantly regret joining as I am now already late for a meeting.  :ph34r:

I dont claim to have "inside sources" or "have a friend of a friend who's cat is dating Simo's pet goldfish who says"...  just a true DCFC gent with the privilege of working for a business who has a had a box for quite a few years. You tend to get the scoop on a few things coming out the club and get invited to such things as Q&A sessions etc.

I am sure you will all get to know me as someone who only posts when I have something worth saying (Or if mostyn needs kicking back in his cage)

All in all delighted with Albentosa signing. Shrewd bit of business. Not sure on Warnock time will tell - Forsyth needed some competition complacency has crept in slightly IMO so fine. In terms of people banging on about needing another winger Dawkins is an asset should have been given more game time even with Ibe in the team. Him for me on Sat. 

What did you hear said?

Thorne will hopefully play in the U21's within 10-14 days, one game 15 mins, second game 45 mins and 3rd game go for as long as he can. Simmo said they are aiming for the end of Feb. They all agreed he has been fantastic in the way he approached the injury and only had one day where he was feeling down.

It came across as they gave Ibe some great tuition and he gave them some back. they reeled some stats off and kind of said he needs to stop being greedy and pass the ball a bit more. I don't think he chipped in with any assists.

McClaren said he has no intentions of going anywhere until the job is done and that is as a minimum to get Derby to the premier league. He also said that you no longer plan 5 years in advance and football is more about week after week because anything can change.

Lot's more said but as mentioned, I can't remember it all, so yes we could be breaking the transfer record, but I would say that will be Alfreton Town's transfer record and not DCFC's. 

I thought Simmo came across very well, he is a big part of our team, although he did get injured in training yesterday :-) 

Nino - About to break the TRANSFER RECORD. Wot! Where's Daveo? Get your shorts out buddy!

And I've said all along who i think it will be - LC !

We have missed your intelligent posts, Ninos.

If we were going to break the transfer record, it would not exactly break the bank. Which position would we break the record for then? I would break it for a goalkeeper, a centre half, a midfielder or a centre forward but not for a winger. Which would I guess at then? Centre forward or centre half.

If we are to buy big then someone is also clearly leaving. All that time spent in Holland has brought no high level fruit as yet, so we will see. Likely to be a player from the games that McClaren watched in Holland. Ssewankambo would have agreed to a trial and he jumped at the chance of joining us, so not him they were primarily watching. If McClaren was offered one big signing at Xmas, surely he would have taken it. He has more to lose by not getting promoted than by apparently wasting say

Archived