Would Stevie Mac leave us for the Manure job

Boycie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They like to change managers it seems atm, and the current bloke with the weird head and neck ain't pulling no trees up.

Could lighting strike twice?

McClaren is still regarded as a joke by many in the footballing world...certainly among a high degree of fans.

His disastrous campaign with the national team will live long in the memory and will likely mean that whatever he does with Derby, his chances of ever getting a top job again are gone.

Carried.

McSilks is wrong.

Try doing a poll on a less biased half decent football forum and most would agree with my perspective.

Many Derby fans didn't want McClaren when he came here because of his tarnished reputation. You fickle lot.

Whoa, hang on there one second, if McClaren is still regarded as joke by many in the football world as you claim, how does he get loan players from big clubs ? Surely if he was such a joke, your Mourinho's, Rogers' and Ancelotti's would tell him to take a hike.

Fans will belittle him, sure, and whatever he does he'll never quite shake off the Wally with the Brolly tag but coaches in the game recognise that was just the press doing what they do in this country and he is one of the more progressive coaches working in this country.

Try doing a poll on a less biased half decent football forum and most would agree with my perspective.

Many Derby fans didn't want McClaren when he came here because of his tarnished reputation. You fickle lot.

I do agree with you on the point many fans didn't want McClaren when NC left but that's not the case now.

In fact many fans wanted Clough to still be Rams manager and were up in arms when he was sacked.

PS I wanted Steve McClaren and I didn't want NC and you told me you had listen to my rubbish on here about it for a long time in as many words.

In retrospect Nigel Clough left us in a healthy position at Derby but Steve McClaren has moved us on from that.

Nigel is doing a decent job at Sheff U now.

Just thought of something else

McClaren was coach at Derby in the great Jim Smith years and coach at Man U when they won the treble which was Champions League ,Premier League and FA Cup

McClaren is well respected in Football circles and who cares what the Red Dogs think

5-0. 5-0. 5-0.

Boro - Did well

England - Players let him down (we almost qualified with a game to spare don't forget), he let himself down with the brolly!

Twente - Did very well

Wolfsburg - Hmm

Forest - Hmm

Derby - Doing well

He's worth more of a punt than another Van Gaal type who needs

To be honest, I'm thinking more along the lines of recent results of his management in English club football.

I seriously think he could be considered if we went up and held our own for a couple of seasons in the prem. If you think that's wrong, then I know you're a Mac hater through and through.

All fans are fickle, they want results.

Archived