Would Stevie Mac leave us for the Manure job

Boycie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, I'm thinking more along the lines of recent results of his management in English club football.

I seriously think he could be considered if we went up and held our own for a couple of seasons in the prem. If you think that's wrong, then I know you're a Mac hater through and through.

All fans are fickle, they want results.

I rate McClaren very highly indeed and always have done. I never said or suggested otherwise.

I do however realise and appreciate that in fans perspectives, he is and always will be regarded as something as a joke. The wally with the brolly. He will never shake that off.

Let's wait and see what he does with Derby. He's achieved nothing yet in terms of tangible success. Here's hoping.

I rate McClaren very highly indeed and always have done. I never said or suggested otherwise.

I do however realise and appreciate that in fans perspectives, he is and always will be regarded as something as a joke. The wally with the brolly. He will never shake that off.

Let's wait and see what he does with Derby. He's achieved nothing yet in terms of tangible success. Here's hoping.

Other than the Dutch League and a League Cup; that's true. Oh and coaching the Champions League winners, there's that.

In my opinion he could get one of the following jobs if their manager went on to higher things:- any well supported not top six Premier side eg Everton, Newcastle, Stoke, Aston Villa,Sunderland. In other words a team that has good potential but never really fulfilled it. I think that he could make Newcastle into the kind of side that the fans want to see. I think that we have got him for as long as he wants us Igor expects to get the job next or Croatia will invade the uK. . McClaren is building something unique here, a viable football club with a community spirit that can stay in the Premiership without getting massively in the red. .I have had my first doubts about us not going up but the January window will correct that, especially if Thorne can get fit and do his stuff which presumably take a month or so. Strachan was on TV and said when he was at Leeds his manager, Wilcinson asked him if he was going to make a tackle sometime soon and he said that others were doing that. Good formula for Thorne in my opinion. We need someone to plug the hole in our defensive wall, Sean Dyke for me (sort of Dutch joke)..Schteeve to take Derby into top twente teams in top division next year.

A) I think Steve's fall from grace was ultimately one of the best things that could have happened to us. He's be at a top European club now if he could have kept up the momentum from Twente. (Some might argue that he already is, of course).

B) If he does eventually leave, do you think Simmo might step up. He's not a bad manager in his own right, and maybe a few years working with the Mac might bring him up a few gears.

C) I'd love to see Steve achieve something significant with us, like winning the league cup, then take a brolly and snap it over his knee at Wembley. Redemption complete.

Archived