Brentford v Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More Bollix from you,at least you are consistant,try different medication.90% play hoofball?Actually

it's the other way round,they are all playing good passing football,apart from Blackburn and Millwall

maybe.You are so out of touch.Brentford outpassed us today,even Wigan kept it on the ground.Hoofball

is out of fashion these days and that's why we are struggling more this year.Forest may be another one.

In other words 90% try to play football.

i find his post more relevant than yours, i dont care how good are passing is, we can be hitting 500 yarders bang on target all on the ground but at the moment, the majority of the time were passing sideway's and without enough potency going forward, 68% passing from a player in a 'passing' team is shocking, and bryson cant contribute a massive amount unless were dominating 100% of the game, and because we havnt been doing that, hes been poor this season, many people say it, and said it last season that bryson only plays well when the team plays well therefore wasnt really worth his spot today

however i do disagree with bris regarding the fact that dawkins is the only player who can pick up the ball in the centre of midfield and carry it forward, thats what hughes does for us, when hes actually playing

Butland 7

Christie 6

Keogh 8

Buxton 6

Forsyth 5

Mascarrell 7

Hendrick 6

Bryson 6

Dawkins 6

Martin 7

Russell 6

All the subs who came on had little impact minus Hughes who I thought should have started and had a positive impact on the game

At this rate might we be looking to replace forsyth in jan?

I (think) he got an assist today, but he was given the run around quite a lot. He hasn't been the same player this season :/

did the same last season, started off poor (imo) then ended up one of our best players. 

very frustrating player sometimes, would be nice to see some competition at LB.

Bottom line is there are too many changes being made and the team is not settled , it's time for mclaren to pick his best 11 and give them a run of games barring injury or suspension , it seems to me as if he's trying to keep everyone happy but that won't win the league , bottom line is we still haven't got going this season but still in a good position to go up

couldn't agree more won at blackpool but made three changes v wigan then 2 more at half time even though we were winning. need to decide what our best defensive pairing is possibly Keogh shotton and give them several games together. mascarell at home and Eustace away depending on quality of opposition

Got to confess this may be my fault.

Last season I bought a Derby scarf, I misplaced it and didn't take it to a game I found it just before wembley and took it. I haven't worn it since but today I thought was the day to wear it again, so my scarf in London again..watching us lose in the last minute again!!! It's getting burnt !!!

Apart from that a good day despite the result, thought that no players really gave a toss about today didn't see much work rate at all! Credit to Brentford though they worked very hard! We must move on learn from today!

Thought there fans were diabolical never heard them till the last minute

Calm down. Whilst i don't agree with everything Bris has said, he raises some decent points - and then he's simply met with a barrage of abuse which is not backed up by any evidence whatsoever. People should remember that he was one of the main figures in the "Clough Out" ring - and all of us would agree that Nigel's firing by the board has caused a wonderful transformation at this club.

Personally Im not worried yet - our best player has been out injured all season, we've clearly not hit top gear yet and no side will dominate the division this year. Plenty of time for us to turn this around.

I was probably the first of the Clough out brigade and took Sh1te loads of abuse for it from nearly

everybody on this forum.I don't remember getting much support from  him.When it comes to the abuse

of Mr.Vegas I always back it up with evidence.Would you like me to trot out his World Cup nonsence?It

will probably be still on here somewhere.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph.

I'm still trying to work out how those two halves were so different... At HT, I thought we were nailed on for the three points, then early on into the second they suddenly got a wave of self-belief and pinged it around really well and looked a threat. We continued to push and press, but there were big gaps left as we did that.

RATINGS:

Butland: 5 - kicking woeful, I counted a minimum of 4 kicked straight into touch. Didn't have too much to do, otherwise.

Forsyth: 6 - looked laboured, some decent balls into the box but not really at it today.

Keogh: 6 - some excellent clearances, some awful positioning.

Buxton: 5 - didn't look fit, had a torrid time with their nippy front man and knocked quite a few wayward passes.

Christie: 6 - mobile, got forward well but looked out of position too often as we pressed.

Omar: 7 - looked okay in the main, good attacking intent but I can't help but think his forward thinking leaves him vulnerable to a suicidal error (without the Fulham bias)

Hendrick: 6 - Got around well the first half, anon for the second.

Bryson: 6 - full of running and harrying, but doesn't seem to be popping up in the right areas as he did last season.

Dawkins: 7 - technically good, looked a threat first half and had his man beat. Didn't see much life second half.

Russell: 6 - good energy, shooting pretty off and decision making a bit suspect.

Martin: 7 - was hungry, a good finish and some pretty funny winding up play. Got little from the ref, and didn't really get enough service.

Subs:

Hughes: 7 - great on the ball, probably should have started as the game suited his threaded passing.

Ibe: 7 - had his man beat, out some decent balls into the box but the usual hit and miss re. end product.

Coutts: 6 - neat and tidy, but wasn't really sure of the change for him as oppose to Best who I think would have made them sit back a bit more.

It's a weird one, they almost looked scared of us in the first half and we totally dominated. The second half, they found belief and broke on us at pace - which Buxton and Keogh struggled with. A draw would have been a fair result, but pressing for the win left us wide open and Brentfords pace hurt us - pretty clinical.

Not too sure what the team talk would have consisted off during half-time, but the second half was absolutely nothing like the first!

Hughes has to play. Him and Martin are the first names on the team sheet for me. If he was fit today, I'm shocked he wasn't picked. He's been our best player since Forest away, especially in the away games. Neither Bryson or Hendrick are in the best of form, and even when they are, they can't dictate the play the same way Hughes can.

I don't know if it's a case of trying to keep all three happy but Hughes has to play when fit and rotate the other two depending on form. At the moment, I think Bryson should just edge out Hendrick, as I haven't been too impressed with him so far this season, got a few goals but not played well. That's not to say I've been impressed with Bryson but feel we need to start to press teams higher up the pitch, which we were quite effective at last season. Can remember a few occasions where Bryson stole the ball off the defensive midfielder that led to goals.

Keogh got absolutely bossed 2nd half by that lad up top

did he? going after their goal i think he did quite well, the best thing i remember is a cross from their right hand side, going over bucko's head, a clear easy tap in if it gets to their player but keogh is there with a wonderful hooked clearence(his best moment in the match for me)

I'm still trying to work out how those two halves were so different... At HT, I thought we were nailed on for the three points, then early on into the second they suddenly got a wave of self-belief and pinged it around really well and looked a threat. We continued to push and press, but there were big gaps left as we did that.

RATINGS:

Butland: 5 - kicking woeful, I counted a minimum of 4 kicked straight into touch. Didn't have too much to do, otherwise.

Forsyth: 6 - looked laboured, some decent balls into the box but not really at it today.

Keogh: 6 - some excellent clearances, some awful positioning.

Buxton: 5 - didn't look fit, had a torrid time with their nippy front man and knocked quite a few wayward passes.

Christie: 6 - mobile, got forward well but looked out of position too often as we pressed.

Omar: 7 - looked okay in the main, good attacking intent but I can't help but think his forward thinking leaves him vulnerable to a suicidal error (without the Fulham bias)

Hendrick: 6 - Got around well the first half, anon for the second.

Bryson: 6 - full of running and harrying, but doesn't seem to be popping up in the right areas as he did last season.

Dawkins: 7 - technically good, looked a threat first half and had his man beat. Didn't see much life second half.

Russell: 6 - good energy, shooting pretty off and decision making a bit suspect.

Martin: 7 - was hungry, a good finish and some pretty funny winding up play. Got little from the ref, and didn't really get enough service.

Subs:

Hughes: 7 - great on the ball, probably should have started as the game suited his threaded passing.

Ibe: 7 - had his man beat, out some decent balls into the box but the usual hit and miss re. end product.

Coutts: 6 - neat and tidy, but wasn't really sure of the change for him as oppose to Best who I think would have made them sit back a bit more.

It's a weird one, they almost looked scared of us in the first half and we totally dominated. The second half, they found belief and broke on us at pace - which Buxton and Keogh struggled with. A draw would have been a fair result, but pressing for the win left us wide open and Brentfords pace hurt us - pretty clinical.

Not too sure what the team talk would have consisted off during half-time, but the second half was absolutely nothing like the first!

According to BBC stats Brentford had more possession 1st half and we had more in the 2nd half. Sounds a bit like the Wigan game we played better 2nd half but let a 1-0 lead go to a defeat. Gotta blame the defence for that. Doesnt sound like a game we should have lost. 

did he? going after their goal i think he did quite well, the best thing i remember is a cross from their right hand side, going over bucko's head, a clear easy tap in if it gets to their player but keogh is there with a wonderful hooked clearence(his best moment in the match for me)

Their 1st was woeful from our point of view, the clearance you refer to was superb, it's just didn't quite fall right today, that's as much to Brentfords credit as anything we did wrong.

Great day out if you ignore the result.

Bris - one of the reasons why Dawkins had a 97% pass accuracy is because he never tries any creative passes and never bloody crosses the ball!!!

Hendrick on the other hand was trying to thread balls through and was trying to get in behind their defence, especially second half.

Two completely polar opposites of halfs. However they were more better in huge second half than we were in the first half.

On a generic note - wow we have some bad losers in our fan base. Listening to some people at the end accusing the ref of cheating and other things, just acknowledge at times that we lost the game. He could easily have sent Martin and Omar off but didn't and on another day, Bucko may have gone for his foul. Yes there were four or five decisions and free kicks that went against us in short space of time but I thought he was OK generally when I took my own rose tinted specs off! Others should try that too.

Their 1st was woeful from our point of view, the clearance you refer to was superb, it's just didn't quite fall right today, that's as much to Brentfords credit as anything we did wrong.

Great day out if you ignore the result.

I was in the brentford end it was awful!

Some of you probably noticed me, i was that uneasy looking 20 year old, during the second half in that part with no brentford fans to the left of the derby fans

So was the second really :/, i must say i want shotton to be given a chance at cb alongside keogh

Archived