should we play the diamond formation at home?

Sexydadbod

We are becoming a little bit predictable at home so I think the diamond could be really good especially because our wingers are doing really bad recently. I know steve mac wants to get hendrick, bryson and hughes into the same team so this formation could work.

Butland

Christie Keogh buxton forsyth

Mascarell

Bryson hendrick

Hughes

Russell martin

Our fullbacks would provide the width. This formation would get the best out of russell and hughes as well. The midfield could interchange.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our current system works well but like you said we desperately need a plan B when the opposition work out how to stop us. The only problem I can see with this diamond is if we play it at home we could get hit on the counter easily, especially if we need our full backs to provide the width.

What about a 4-2-3-1, similar to what we play now but with a more attacking CM instead of the defensive one we play now. Hughes could be amazing just behind the striker and with 1/2 CM's providing cover the full backs can still get forward.

Butland

Christie Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Hendrick Bryson

Russell Hughes Dawkins

Martin

Our current system works well but like you said we desperately need a plan B when the opposition work out how to stop us. The only problem I can see with this diamond is if we play it at home we could get hit on the counter easily, especially if we need our full backs to provide the width.

What about a 4-2-3-1, similar to what we play now but with a more attacking CM instead of the defensive one we play now. Hughes could be amazing just behind the striker and with 1/2 CM's providing cover the full backs can still get forward.

Butland

Christie Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Hendrick Bryson

Russell Hughes Dawkins

Martin

hendrick and bryson as the 2 would not work - we would get overrun as they both seem to take up similar positions. there needs to be some tackling ability in there.

Also, it's a pretty fluid system which morphs into a number of the numbers mentioned before at any time, it's done us well, why change? Too much empahsis placed on numbers. 

I'll have you know that Ssausagehorpe United won 3 successive Champions Leagues playing a diamond system.

Are you telling me that CM01/02 isn't real?

I agree we should change the whole team shape, style, personal and management team as its clearly not working.

No need to be sarcastic. We need to adapt for our home games. We are only at the top of the league thanks to our away results. Our home form hasnt been good enough this season

Archived