should russell be given a chance as our striker?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martins job is to hold the ball up, be strong, be physical and enable the rest of the team. This is something that JR has no chance of doing, when he was striker the thrived off balls in behind for him to run onto and out pace defenders. Sure we could try it, but we'd have to change the way we play and completely shift out focal point.

He has one quiet game and suddenly we need to drop Martin. Jesus Christ you people are fickle.

What Martin did do, he did exceptionally so how people can call for him to be dropped is beyond me. 

Russell works well as a winger, his pace allows him to either cut inside or hit the byline and whip a cross in. Russell got another assist yesterday, his 7th? so far this season. His assists have created some important goals. He's more useful on the wing than he would be up-front.

You can't drop a striker who has scored as many goals as Martin.

I like Russell and think he should have a run in the team, but not as a striker. He could not play the role which our team is set up for the striker to play.

The 4-4-2 is old fashioned and we shouldn't be looking to go backwards in my opinion.

You can't drop a striker who has scored as many goals as Martin.

I like Russell and think he should have a run in the team, but not as a striker. He could not play the role which our team is set up for the striker to play.

The 4-4-2 is old fashioned and we shouldn't be looking to go backwards in my opinion.

4-4-2 is still very effective if used properly. Top teams like real madrid and atletico madrid still use it. It requires the rm and lm to work very hard though

4-4-2 is still very effective if used properly. Top teams like real madrid and atletico madrid still use it. It requires the rm and lm to work very hard though

We are not either of the Madrid teams. Who would you play in those roles?

Archived