should russell be given a chance as our striker?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do not have the players for 4-4-2 in fact several players will not be suited the it, This forum is having a major overreaction to poor result and performance, it happens.

It is not just this game though. Look at the last 4 home games. Teams now know how to play us and they respect us.our style suits away games when the game is open

Teams did that last season too, see no reason to change the system. 4-4-2 means Bryson/Hughes/Hendrick would have to undertake defensive duties and when Thorne returns what would you do. Also the full backs may not bomb forward as much.

Russell had a decent strike rate at SPL, but that is SPL, Stevie May and Sammon had better strike rates at SPL and struggle in Champ.

I agree we play better away from home, but the simple fact when we are not playing as well at home is because Thorne is out injures, Eustace is a hard working but limited player in comparison. Thorne broke up play at set up counter attacks, 4-4-2 is too rigid for such as free role so we will revert to to turgid Championship type which I hate.

!?!?! We lost one game,cues we shouldn't have lost it. But now isn't the time to be messing about with the formation or playing players out of position.

Russell prefers to play more centrally (I think) but he's played as a winger and did for Dundee sometimes too. Thought Russell was our best player yesterday too.

Where does Martin fit into this? Does Russell go ahead of Martin or on the bench? The only way you could play Russell as a striker would be to bring him on off the subs bench like we do with Best currently when we play with an extra striker. We don't need to be chopping away and making unnecessary changes.

We also don't have enough wingers atm to get away with playing Russell as an attacker. If Ine is having a terrible game we can bring on Dawkins or vice versa. Calero isn't ready yet so we need Russell to play on the wing while Ward is injured.

Have you ever watched Real or Atletico play? Because they both play 4-3-3.

No they dont at all mate. Atletico play this

Moya

Juanfran godin miranda siquera

Koke gabi tiago arda turan

Mandzukic raul garcia

Real madrid play

Casillas

Carvajal ramos pepe marcelo

Bale kroos modric james

Ronaldo benzema

Have they changed this season, then? They've been 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 for years, plus It's been recognised that Ronaldo is a LOT more effective from the left so I'd be very surprised if this isn't their full strength line up:

-----------Kroos-------Modric---------

-------Bale-----James------Ronaldo--

----------------Benzema---------------

Have they really switched to 4-4-2?

Have they changed this season, then? They've been 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 for years, plus It's been recognised that Ronaldo is a LOT more effective from the left so I'd be very surprised if this isn't their full strength line up:

-----------Kroos-------Modric---------

-------Bale-----James------Ronaldo--

----------------Benzema---------------

Have they really switched to 4-4-2?

Yes they have switched. They havent played 4-3-3 since the champions league final. Ancelotti said at the start of the season he wants to play ronaldo as a striker alongside benzema to get the best out of him

Archived