Is Best being give more chances than he deserves?

climbon

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not Calero or Best, it's Calero or another wide player.

We were chasing a goal and put two up top - have you seen how small Calero is?

It doesn't really matter about his size if we are playing it on the floor to him. It is difficult for Best being used how he is because his impact as an 'impact sub' seems to lack much impact.

Yes. Cancel his loan and send him back. The only failure of the transfer window for me was failing to sign a replacement for Bamford, whether people liked him or not, he scored 10 goals. The sort of player you could bring on with 20 minutes to go and would score. Best is terrible. Calero will come good towards the end of the season but I'd like to see a better striker replace him on loan.

Yes. Cancel his loan and send him back. The only failure of the transfer window for me was failing to sign a replacement for Bamford, whether people liked him or not, he scored 10 goals. The sort of player you could bring on with 20 minutes to go and would score. Best is terrible. Calero will come good towards the end of the season but I'd like to see a better striker replace him on loan.

There aren't many players like Bamford, players that can play poorly all game then pop up with a goal. 

We've signed Jordan Ibe and he did exactly that in the game against Reading; was very poor but then scored an exceptional goal. Added to this we never played Bamford as a striker, he was always playing on the wing. Ibe is certainly a better winger than Bamford.

Given time, I think Ibe will prove to be much more sueful to us than Bamford was but we have to be patient, he's only 18 so he's bound to have off-days due to inexperience.

The quality of threads on this forum has seriously dipped recently.

"New striker in January"

"Give Russell a chance up top"

"Stop playing players who have been brought on loan to play. Play players who are instead too young and too raw to be effective" (That's basically what this thread is about if you didn't click already)

"New striker in January"

"Stop playing players who have been brought on loan to play. Play players who are instead too young and too raw to be effective" (That's basically what this thread is about if you didn't click already)

Ha.I agree mate.Martin hate always abounds.

"New striker in January"

So you feel that Best has more ability than Calero? Best has come on many times and failed to impress. People say he's not had time on the pitch to impress, but that is his job...same a Bamford last year (except he impressed!).

We've seen Calero once I believe, and he scored.

Plus, even if Calero is raw and inexperienced, surely we should be playing someone who we own and who is young rather than playing someone from another club who is over the hill??

He's shocking.

Go back.

Enough is enough. He panics and he's like a headless chicken.

How on earth has he made it as a professional footballer

I hears a lot of people on here saying he's not given enough time. Ie 20 mins.

U can tell just by his body language it's just no go. 10 times worse than samon. Bamford now seems such a good signing last year

Hasn't proven himself at all. We signed him to be cover for Martin and he has been given ample chances as a substitute. Not to even to score goals, but to look even mildly promising and competent. Every times he's played he's looked like a headless chicken. Send him back please.

There aren't many players like Bamford, players that can play poorly all game then pop up with a goal. 

We've signed Jordan Ibe and he did exactly that in the game against Reading; was very poor but then scored an exceptional goal. Added to this we never played Bamford as a striker, he was always playing on the wing. Ibe is certainly a better winger than Bamford.

Given time, I think Ibe will prove to be much more sueful to us than Bamford was but we have to be patient, he's only 18 so he's bound to have off-days due to inexperience.

I agree with you that Bamford is a special type of player, I also agree with you that Ibe is a better winger than Bamford but I didn't understand why he was being played as a winger. Perhaps Bamford should have been seen as a back up to Chris Martin but I appreciate Sammon played the role as back up striker so I'd made sense to play him on the wing.

If it makes sense the Bamford sized hole in the team (As a back up striker, not as an uncomfortable winger) shouldn't have been filled by Best. I see Ibe as more as strengthening the Wing positions rather than a successor to Bamford

Archived