Our megastore

Cisse

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure is franchised out, looks to me that they limit the lines so come sale time they have fewer markdowns to make.

The flipside being with kit that they then sell out, can't order any in for ages and lose a potential shed load. 

Always astonishes me year after year how you can't get a kids kit after November, so they miss out on the most lucrative time of the year. Happens every time. 

Our shop has never seen a Megastore. Only have to look at Old Traffords to see theirs. Now that's a megastore, the till area alone is twice as big as our whole shop.

I know we don't cater for Man u numbers but to call it a megastore is a bit daft for me.

Not been in it for a while anyway cos it's a bit samey. Might have another look before Christmas, of course I'll give the club another chance to tempt me into buying.

Most of the clothing lines are crap and I believe you shouldn't wear a footy top unless you're actually playing football so I don't buy the kits anymore.

I normally only ever call in to pick up DVDs. Speaking of which has the DVD of last season been released??? The past couple of times I've been in they haven't had it...

I went in with my kids to get some gear and was told that the training kit was what was on the shelf as they would not be getting any more in. The fact that all usual sizes had sold out (I like the look of them as black or purple tops with a simple umbro logo and a full ram) and people have been asking for them every day, they have lost a load of potential sales.

The same applies to the polo shirts.

No kids sizes for the 9-11 year olds and some lines available in one colour but not another.

Whoever dreams up the orders for the shop needs sacking and someone actually in touch with the fans needs bringing in.

The megastore isn't particularly mega really.

I'm always a bit disappointed when I go in - the missus is an Arsenal an and I can always get her something decent / interesting from their shop come Christmas and Birthdays but she always struggles to do the same back as the "megastore" simply doesn't have a good enough range or stock levels. I remember going in the Newcastle shop and being astounded by how much they had in there.

I know we are not the size of either of these clubs (no B4 we are not) but we still have a strong enough supporter base to warrant a better range.

much as it pains me to say this i thought the forest shop was better, had a bigger range of gifts (i was getting something for a mates kid)  

but in the same way as others in here there have been quite a few times over the past couple of years when ive been in derby and thought id pop to pride park with cash to spend, only to come out having not been able to find anything i fancy, which for me in a shop is quite unusual

Megastore is franchised out to Kappa UK Ltd.

They have no desire to enhance the DCFC reputation, and sell stuff the fans want. They only want to sell a limited number of lines that are profitable.

I'm sure DCFC aren't totally happy with what is sold, but when you'd rather take the cash up front and then sacrifice any input into what goes on in there you can't really complain.

It's the same as the catering. Complain to DCFC as much as you like but they took the Dollars up front and we're left with the poor quality and overpriced crap served up by brainless minimum wage gimps employed by Delaware North.

I have been trying to get a 4/5 year old kit for about 6 weeks. The boy wanted the blue kit, so I waited until they came out, only to be told they aren't stocking any of the away kits below 7-8 years. By that time, the home kit was sold out and every week I pop in to check, the next batch isn't due until later. It's now due mid November.

I'm now at a point where I'll probably let him stick with his current kit and get one next year.

St Pauli have the best club shop I have ever seen - some really good quality stuff with plenty of options...

I have been trying to get a 4/5 year old kit for about 6 weeks. The boy wanted the blue kit, so I waited until they came out, only to be told they aren't stocking any of the away kits below 7-8 years. By that time, the home kit was sold out and every week I pop in to check, the next batch isn't due until later. It's now due mid November.

I'm now at a point where I'll probably let him stick with his current kit and get one next year.

St Pauli have the best club shop I have ever seen - some really good quality stuff with plenty of options...

Obviously. Those antisexists, antifascists, antiracists leftwing punkrockers are always after money.

Archived