Was life better before or after the Internet?

Day

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pros:- I wouldn't have a girlfriend with out the internet haha! Was far to shy glad my house hold finally got the internet -.-.. Pr0n is also a great thing.. Long are the days of wondering what my dads sticky mags were about. (Weird as soon as I turned the internet on for the 1st time back in the day i was bombarded with adverts lol).

Cons:- It's cring when you go past parks or roads and no kids or no one is playing any more. The fields would always have some one on it until it got dark.. Now there deserted! KInda depressing try get my lad to come outside and breathe oxygen is sometimes hard!

Some aspects of it are amazing. To think of the amount of info what's available is staggering but all the twisted stuff like child makes me puke.

For kids it's important, with the way technology is now. More & more jobs are becoming computer based so they have to know what they're doing.

But round here the kids still play out and when they want a break they'll sit under a tree and talk about how they found out everything there is to know about Fifa 15, off the internet.

But all things considered, before.

I've just been hit by Hurricane Odile, went nine days without electricity, water, and light.

You won't have any idea what it's like to retort back to the olden days of pitch black at 8pm, no street lights, candles in my apartment, p!ssing in the dark, canned food, sleeping at 8pm in 33 degree heat and showering with a bucket.

People have it so easy nowadays, myself included, and I never realised how much I depend on the internet for everyday activities. It is the centre of everything news related and I use it for more than just leisure with things like - maps, weather patterns, global news, transportation and family contact.

How many times do you quickly google something in a pub or wherever, to find something you'd forgotten that somebody mentioned in conversation?. Happens to me all the time and for that reason alone, after is better.

When I was a kid in the 70's & 80's, if mum & dad didn't know the answer, I didn't get to find out because we didn't have encyclopaedias. Quick access to information nowadays is great.

I've just been hit by Hurricane Odile, went nine days without electricity, water, and light.

You won't have any idea what it's like to retort back to the olden days of pitch black at 8pm, no street lights, candles in my apartment, p!ssing in the dark, canned food, sleeping at 8pm in 33 degree heat and showering with a bucket.

People have it so easy nowadays, myself included, and I never realised how much I depend on the internet for everyday activities. It is the centre of everything news related and I use it for more than just leisure with things like - maps, weather patterns, global news, transportation and family contact.

we feel for you. Did it drive all the stunning women away? There must be more pro's than cons.

Apart from the heat, that sums up part of my very early childhood of 70's Sheffield.

But at least we never got a hurricane so I'm thankful for that at least.

Archived