Alberto Bueno to West Bromwich Albion

BennettDCFC

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's already scored four goals for Rayo this season and is a first-teamer, no chance they will let him go out on loan therefore it would take a big bid in January to get him.

Cracking player who was badly mis-used here.

Agreed.... Appallingly misused.... Still remember the images of him sitting on the bench against Crawley on the bench whilst Ben Pringle started ahead of him, and many other times. Imagine him in our team and set up now....

Hmmm - rose-tinted glasses perhaps?

He hated playing in the cold, and got bullied off the ball constantly

Yes he had flashes of brilliance, but not sure where this "he wasn't used correctly" stuff is coming from

Crawley Town? If he'd have managed to control the ball on that pitch he'd have then been kicked off it...

Yes he had flashes of brilliance, but not sure where this "he wasn't used correctly" stuff is coming from

Crawley Town? If he'd have managed to control the ball on that pitch he'd have then been kicked off it...

Nope.... That Crawley game needed someone who could change a game... No matter what the pitch or weather is like... No rose tinted glasses. Never appreciated we had an outstanding talent at the club an I agree with Bris. Didn't get used properly.... My opinion of course :)

Or ... maybe he didn't sit and worship at the feet of Lord Nigel as much as was required at the time.

I agree with both views here in a way. Talented, crafty, tricky, ultimately though, I saw him as a tad ineffectual. Was never going to get cut a deal under the management of the era. A player who flattered to deceive. Has developed nicely back in his homeland though, but I can't see him cutting it in the Premier league.

In Northern Spain it's not exactly warm in winter. Saying he hated playing in the cold is incorrect, it just happens that our winter form coincided with Nigel Clough opting to retort back to survival hoofball football.

In January, Kris Commons was also terrible because he was also badly misused - nothing to do with the weather.

To get the best out of players like Bueno you need to the ball into his feet. He was ultimately dropped throughout that as he couldn't make an impact on a team who put 11 men behind the ball and just hoofed it forward.

Badly misused, nothing wrong with his ability to play in cold conditions.

His time here was not as successful as it should have been for a variety of different reasons, but mainly as Bris said he was just not used correctly when he was at Derby. Good luck to him. sleet.

Fixed

History being re-written again. I'm telling you, you lot see what you want to see.

Bueno played 29 times in his loan spell here.  He came on as a sub one day after he arrived on loan vs Sheffield United. We lost 1-0, he made his first start in the next game against Hull, we lost 2-0, he kept his place for the next game against Barnsley, we drew 1-1.

One point from 9 in his first 3 games and he STILL kept his place.

No needing time to acclimatise, no putting him on the bench. He got his chance straight away.

He played 29 out of the 41 games left that season. Yet THAT's mis-use??

I'll log back on in a couple of years and see how many threads are started about Stevie Mc's mis-use of Mascarell (higher rated than Bueno ever was) and Calero.

How long have they been here now?

History being re-written again. I'm telling you, you lot see what you want to see. Bueno played 29 times in his loan spell here.  He came on as a sub one day after he arrived on loan vs Sheffield United. We lost 1-0, he made his first start in the next game against Hull, we lost 2-0, he kept his place for the next game against Barnsley, we drew 1-1. One point from 9 in his first 3 games and he STILL kept his place. No needing time to acclimatise, no putting him on the bench. He got his chance straight away. He played 29 out of the 41 games left that season. Yet THAT's mis-use?? I'll log back on in a couple of years and see how many threads are started about Stevie Mc's mis-use of Mascarell (higher rated than Bueno ever was) and Calero. How long have they been here now?

Are you staying that because we got 1/9 points in his first three games, that he should have been dropped? I didn't realise Bueno was solely responsible for our results.

You can play every game in a season and still be mis-used. Mis-used are underused are different things you know.

Are you staying that because we got 1/9 points in his first three games, that he should have been dropped? I didn't realise Bueno was solely responsible for our results.

You can play every game in a season and still be mis-used. Mis-used are underused are different things you know.

I've thought for a long time that the average football fan is a total duck egg.

Not aimed at you RLACML.

But it's stuff like this thread that's made me realise that I'm better off not posting on forums.

Bueno played a lot of games for us during his loan spell. Mis- used my arse.

McClaren has transformed Bucko as well. He was gargbage until Clough left.

Too easy my arse.

I've thought for a long time that the average football fan is a total duck egg. Not aimed at you RLACML. But it's stuff like this thread that's made me realise that I'm better off not posting on forums. Bueno played a lot of games for us during his loan spell. Mis- used my arse. McClaren has transformed Bucko as well. He was gargbage until Clough left. Too easy my arse.

Do you not think that Bueno was wasted for most of his time here? When we had him, Commons and Cywka in behind Kuqi, we played excellent football and genuinely thrashed teams. Then, we went into survival mode and Bueno was completely wasted with our new 'style'.

I've thought for a long time that the average football fan is a total duck egg.

Not aimed at you RLACML.

But it's stuff like this thread that's made me realise that I'm better off not posting on forums.

Bueno played a lot of games for us during his loan spell. Mis- used my arse.

McClaren has transformed Bucko as well. He was gargbage until Clough left.

Too easy my arse.

Mis-used; as in his tactical role in the side, not the amount of game time he got.

We signed him with the intent of playing good football on the deck. Our squad depth made this impossible throughout a whole season (Bailey getting injured, no replacement for Kuqi etcetera) thus we were forced to resort to hoofball, with Bueno out on the wing, if anywhere.

He was misused, but you could argue as to why he was misused.

Oh dear.... Why can't someone have an opinion even the slightest bit critical of tactics etc used by the previous regime?

The sun didn't shine out his A S S....

He made mistakes, I'm sure Mac and Many others have.

Ah well....

Archived