Login Problems

Day

Daveo Daveo Daveo!

OUT OUT OUT!

We want our forum back, we want our forum back!

You don't know what you're doing! You don't know what you're doing!

Who's the b@stard in the back (office)!

Gimme a D,

Gimme a A.

Gimme a V,

Gimme a E,

Gimme a O,

Waddy a got?

You've got the worst admin in the land, you've got the worst admin in the land!

We're gunna moan in a minute!

Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

If you don't fooooooking mooooooooan!

If you don't fooooooooking moan you won't log ooooooooooon!

Thankyou please

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly the same as KR, I still can't sign in on the stock browser on my Samsung S3 either.

It works on every other site I've tried, clearing everything doesn't help and it used to be fine on here until a couple of weeks ago. Chrome (which is not the stock browser) and Firefox work fine.

I've looked at the forum it's running totally fine

The software developers have looked at the forum and confirmed there are no issues and it's running fine

Out of all the members I can count on my fingers who have had issues. The problems are with your devices and can only suggest contacting support from the manufacturer. People with the same devices with the problems are using the forum with no issues at all.

There is no going back because there is nothing to go back to, it's exactly the same forum, exactly the same database, exactly the same settings, it was running fine last week and it's still running fine now.

I dunno about the device Daveo. I didn't have any problems before, niw sometimes I can't log in, the forum freezes when other sites work? and sometimes although the header says I'm on the forum, all that's there is a blank screen.

It's wierd and intermittent. This morning it froze but ok now.

Behave, it's common sense.

The people that built this software from nothing, work with it everyday, fixing clients issues 24/7 365 days a year have been on this very forum, they have an admin account, have access to all the files, the database and have been on to see what the problem is.

None, zilch, absolutely bugger all wrong with the forum, it's working fine and dandy, no issues at all Mr David.

Look at all the members on posting with no issues, using Chrome, using Android, no problems. All devices, mobile, tablet, PC, Mac, Blackberrys all use the same login page, using the same files, the same database....even if I wanted too couldn't create problems like this for individual users and devices.

I've had one email me with the same issue and another that just needed his password resetting as he had forgotten it.

If clearing cache, cookies, rebooting or uninstalling and reinstalling the browser doesn't fix the issues then you really need to contact your phone support as there is literally nothing I can do, no magic setting, no let me try this, nothing, absolutely nothing

I've noticed it acting weird too, in fact I've text Daveo about it. Obviously it's all us and nothing to do with the forum. It's all coincidence.

You text asking if the forum was down, I replied saying no and that 200 people were online.

That's not acting weird, just your crap Belper internet

You cabt say that the problems are nothing to do with the change when they started immediately the chanfe took place

Maybe people are having problems but not saying anything because they know from this thread that you cabt do anything and are using alternative browsers

Maybe the change to .uk was made too soon and thats the problem - browsers not set up to handle the new style address

You cabt say that the problems are nothing to do with the change when they started immediately the chanfe took place

Maybe people are having problems but not saying anything because they know from this thread that you cabt do anything and are using alternative browsers

Maybe the change to .uk was made too soon and thats the problem - browsers not set up to handle the new style address

Maybe I'm right? Maybe there is no problem and devices are not clearing cache and cookies as they should which is causing the problems.

The software developers have checked over the whole forum and found no problems, are they lying, don't know what they are talking about?

Too soon for .uk? Erm no, it's just an extension and they have been out a year now, would not be related at all to any problems.

If it was why would one person be able to use Chrome and another not?

Operating systems have bugs, iOS for example when I installed it on my iPad the keyboard hid the post box, I didn't think oh no the forum is broken, I asked the software developers to check and they confirmed with screenshots it was just my device.

Tried clearing cache, cookies, rebooted iPad nothing, reinstalled iOS and problem fixed. Now I know I won't be the only person in the world with that issue, it happens.

Clearly there is issues with some devices not clearing cache properly, this is also proven by using other apps and the forum works.

Try every browser going and I bet they all work fine, go to the one you used regularly and your issue will still be there, why? Repeating myself now but cache.

I was on the mobile, which is the same as all the other people who I think have moaned.

Like Dav says, it all started when the change was made. I agree with that statement.

Like Daveo say, the geeks are all saying nah mate everything's fine. I agree that Daveo has got to believe that statement too.

Me? I'm a simple sparkie and rely on working back through events that led up to a fault. I still can't get past the "it was alright till the .co.uk changed". In my head, that must be where the problem lies.

Maybe it can't be solved at the minute, and it doesn't effect everyone, but I firmly believe something will pop up further down the line, but will anything be said or will it just revert back to normal in time?

In the meantime, bear with us, Daveo is doing his best and can't do anymore if he's being told nothing's wrong. (As much as it pains me to say it)

No one is cacheing on.

Tell me about it.

I'm about to change the cookie prefix, I would explain what this is but I feel like I'd be wasting my time on here. What it will do tho is create new cookies for everyone, so I'm about to annoy hundreds of people for a handful and it may not even change a thing.

This might log you all out or it might log you out the next time you go offline, sorry everyone but you can see what I'm having to work with here.

Archived