Bucko and Keogh, best partnership in the league?

South Ram

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of fans of different teams do believe that Buxton and Keogh are up there and I tend to agree that they're up there, but probably not the best. 

Since McClaren came in, you have to say their record is unbelievable to say with the way we play, it really is. 

The results in games Keogh & Buxton started each other since McClaren's first game vs Leeds.

1-1 Birmingham

1-2 QPR

3-0 Wednesday

1-0 Bournemouth

3-1 Wigan

2-1 Middlesbrough

5-1 Blackpool

2-0 Charlton

3-1 Doncaster

1-0 Brighton

1-1 Blackburn

3-2 Yeovil

3-3 Birmingham

1-0 QPR

1-0 Wednesday

1-0 Bournemouth

0-2 Burnley

0-1 Millwall

0-0 Bolton

0-0 Reading

5-0 Forest

1-2 Ipswich

3-0 Charlton

0-1 Middlesbrough

3-1 Blackpool

3-1 Huddersfield

2-0 Doncaster

2-1 Barnsley

4-2 Watford

1-0 Rotherham

0-0 Wednesday

2-3 Charlton

5-1 Fulham

1-1 Ipswich

1-1 Forest

I make that - 35 games played, 30 goals conceded and 13 clean sheets. An exceptional record that rightfully puts them amongst the best partnerships in the league, and if you take the way we play into account too then it's all the more better. Just to add in those games we've scored 64 goals too, which really indicates the way we play. 

A lot of fans of different teams do believe that Buxton and Keogh are up there and I tend to agree that they're up there, but probably not the best. 

Since McClaren came in, you have to say their record is unbelievable to say with the way we play, it really is. 

The results in games Keogh & Buxton started each other since McClaren's first game vs Leeds

I make that - 35 games played, 30 goals conceded and 13 clean sheets. An exceptional record that rightfully puts them amongst the best partnerships in the league, and if you take the way we play into account too then it's all the more better. Just to add in those games we've scored 64 goals too, which really indicates the way we play. 

I wonder how many of those games Wisdom played, was it all off them ? , we are missing him defensively , he was their main get out .

I think you also need to take into account Grant.

Its all very well saying that Bucko and Keogh were the main reasons we conceded very few goals when they played, but Grant made some fantastic saves last season that resulting in a vast number of those results.

Looking at the stats, following McClaren's appointment Grant:

- Made 75 saves (8th best in the league above Heaton, Schmeichel, Green)

- Made 85 successful claims (11th best in the league)

- 2nd best Squawka performance score (behind Heaton)

Looking through the league, I'm not sure there a better back 3 than the 3 we have...

Bloody hell. If there is intelligent life form out there monitoring this forum, they must be thinking why do they keep asking themselves the same albeit differently worded questions every other day? ... And they peel them with their little knives, ha ha ha ha ......

There's 4 better partnerships at Forest alone. And no, that isn't a wind up.

Why are you still here? I like reading other Rams fans opinion on our team and the ensuing discussions knowing that they are genuine with no agenda. Having had to unfortunately trawl through the **** you have plastered all over our boards it is clear that you have no knowledge of our team, your team, or football in general.

Archived