Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Ovis aries

I thought we produced a terrific defensive display - apart from the goal obviously when keogh left his man.

Good battling performance without producing much in the opposition half.

Unfortunately the front three produce very little at times.

But a good result.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we produced a terrific defensive display - apart from the goal obviously when keogh left his man.

Good battling performance without producing much in the opposition half.

Unfortunately the front three produce very little at times.

But a good result.

Wonder if Bucko will have have in the dressing room afterwards, a la top gun

Suppose Buxton could have treaded a bit more carefully as he did go in a bit like a bull in a china shop and this ref was always going to take the bait given half a chance, but would be interested to know what reason he would put for the second booking, time wasting or perhaps thinking the second player was kicked (when actually he dived). Or was it for the first foul I dunno!

He got his second yellow for time wasting, however the Forest player had carried on playing. He wasn't taking a free kick, he was running down the wing. All very odd.

^^ I thought if it had just been the initial foul then he'd possibly have gotten away with it as I'd have thought that soft for a yellow - but going lunging in after the whistle had gone was 'unwise' to say the least. At a time when the Ref had a judgement call to make already, lunging in again was obviously all the Ref needed to go for another card. Shouldn't have made it that easy for the Ref IMO.

I've just watched the SS highlights with sound and understand it a bit better now - the whistle had obviously gone and the play stopped.

I'm not sure why the Forest player appeared to be playing on as well though?

God knows what was going through Keogh's mind when he ran out for the goal, left Shotton out to dry there.

Also, was it really Shotton's touch for the goal?  Looks like Keogh on the replays but the actual touch is obscured.  Officially it still appears to be wrongly attributed to Best on BBC and Sky.

I think Shotton is lying on the ground in front of Keoghs boot so although Keogh motions to kick it I think Shotton presumably swung his foot and got to it first while prostrate, he certainly said he was claiming it on Radio Derby when interviewed afterwards.

I thought Fozzy rose to the occasion today, very composed. Hughes, for me, MOTM though. On so many occasions he held the ball like Oscar and freed up a lot of space which helped us get more of a foothold on the game. If he can keep up those levels of performance we will be fine for Hendos injury.

Really, really, disappointed at the sending off. Not from a blame perspective, but we looked likely to go on and push for a winner and that essentially dictated 8 mins of backs to the wall defending.

A solid point, but we need to create more, be more ruthless (especially when we have silenced away fans and control play) and cut out silly mistakes.

I've just watched the SS highlights with sound and understand it a bit better now - the whistle had obviously gone and the play stopped.

I'm not sure why the Forest player appeared to be playing on as well though?

God knows what was going through Keogh's mind when he ran out for the goal, left Shotton out to dry there.

Also, was it really Shotton's touch for the goal? Looks like Keogh on the replays but the actual touch is obscured. Officially it still appears to be wrongly attributed to Best on BBC and Sky.

Best put it in after Darlow clawed it back from behind the line. Shotten got the touch that put it over the line first.

Big fan of Buxton but there's really no defending his red card, total moment of madness...

Assombalonga should've been booked as well though, right in the refs face immediately shouting and brandishing an imaginary card 2-3 times even after he'd gone to his pocket, the ****.

He got his second yellow for time wasting, however the Forest player had carried on playing. He wasn't taking a free kick, he was running down the wing. All very odd.

I need to see it again but I'm pretty sure Buxton knew what he was doing.

From one camera angle, straight after the first foul the ref blows for you see him put his head down and walk away, as if he knows he's given a foul, then he just tries to smash the ball.

I need to see it again but I'm pretty sure Buxton knew what he was doing.

From one camera angle, straight after the first foul the ref blows for you see him put his head down and walk away, as if he knows he's given a foul, then he just tries to smash the ball.

I saw it as him looking up and seeing someone try to run down the wing with the ball and Bucko doing a hard but fair tackle. Hi instinct kicked in and forgot play had been stopped. I can't work out was Burke was doing.

Forgot play had stopped, seriously?

To me Burke was getting to the ball as fast as he could with it in his mind to take the free kick quickly. He had definitely started slowing down when he arrived at the ball and Bucko crunched him. Admittedly though it's the kind of thing I'd have enjoyed seeing if he wasn't already on a yellow card.

Firstly i think the ref had a very poor game, i do think he gave a lot more to them, hughes was getting kicked about the whole first half, i made many posts about the ref not giving hughes the foul..

the match itself was pretty poor, perhaps that is because both teams cancelled each other out but i think more to do with big players not turning up..

8/10 Grant - Did well, nothing he could do about the goal

6/10 Shotton - for 65mins he got torn apart by antonio, seemed to control him better later, but i dont think he did any better than christie would have, got the goal somehow

7/10 Keogh - did well, first half his passing was poor but improved during the game, poor decision to come out and block antonio as left balonga open, bucko should have been the one to come out as was marking no one

5/10 Buxton - pretty poor overall, got dominated by balonga, should have come to block antonio for goal, and got sent off for stupidity, might give whitbread chance in the side

7/10 Forsyth - did well, got forward when he could, didnt get beaten at all, just lacked a killer cross

7/10 Eustace - Never a booking in the first half, but did what he does well, nothing special but kept us ticking along

9/10 Hughes - diff class, imo the best player on the pitch, he defended well when needed, was quality on the ball and was the focal point of the team, Antonio was great going forward but didnt defend at all, easily hughes was MOTM

5/10 Bryson - Just not the same player, not making those runs, not making an impact, terrible game, hendrick needs to come back quick

6.5/10 Dawkins - first half was pretty poor! but grew a little second half, still the same old problem, no end product

6/10 Russel - sort of like bryson, hasnt really hit the form we need him to yet, didnt do much in the game, one free kick that was close

5/10 Martin - just cut off, needed to drop deeper and get into the play more, i think the free kick said it all..

Best - Did well when he came on, difficult to make an impact when the rest of the team was poor, but played ok, unlucky about the goal

Ibe - same as best, not much he could do but looked comfortable on the ball and im looking forward to him starting more

Calero - Made a few mistakes when it was injury time, needed to run for the corner or kick it in to the corner but tried to run through players, will improve with time and against lesser teams

We have a lot of players off form according to a lot of fans and we are only 5 points behind , pity the rest of the league when our off form players start playing !!

Looked to me like Burke was racing to take a quick freekick, Bucko tried to knock the ball away and they ended up colliding.  From the real-time view it kind of looks like Bucko actually knocks the ball into Burke and Burke goes over his outstretched leg(not that that matters with the game being stopped), but it's not like it was a crunching tackle or anything.  The slow-mo replay is from behind Bucko, so you can't really see what happens.

Archived