Minutes applause

RLACML

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"BwYcLbwCMAAsfk-" alt="BwYcLbwCMAAsfk-"> We're going to end up having a minutes applause every game at this rate

Thanks.

The bit in the programme is a nice touch but I'm sure most know what I think of the minutes applause.

Well I'd join in with this one if I was attending even though I didn't know Neil Dalton a) because I was saddened when I originally heard of these two lad's murders and b) because I have read Neil was actually a Derby County fan.

Don't get me wrong, I think some of these requests are becoming a bit much and when an occasion does arise that genuinely deserves a minute's applause, a former Rams legend's death for example, I wonder if the more personal requests cheapen (if that's the correct expression)  the deserved ones somewhat.

But for me, when a Rams fan's life is taken in such a needless way, clapping for a minute doesn't seem too much to ask. If someone next to me didn't clap, I wouldn't want to know why just as I wouldn't explain myself to them why I felt I wanted to join in.

I think there's a difference between dying be it due to ill health or whatever and being murdered in the prime of your life while you are abroad trying to make a difference to people's lives.

Let's hope not too many of the Derby fans that will die over the next few months you mention aren't murdered eh ?

I'm not too sure about the one for Brian.. Seen a legit Derby fan take the piss out of it by comparing it by saying we should do one for George Burley because he managed Derby and Ipswich.

No offense for George Burley but I think Brian Clough is in other category.

I think there's a difference between dying be it due to ill health or whatever and being murdered in the prime of your life while you are abroad trying to make a difference to people's lives.

Let's hope not too many of the Derby fans that will die over the next few months you mention aren't murdered eh ?

Absolutely, couldn't agree more!!

Are we becoming a bunch of heartless bast#rds here or is it just me??

What harm will it do to show your respects for a fellow Ram and more importantly a fellow human being who had his life stolen away from him??

Please think on.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more!!

Are we becoming a bunch of heartless bast#rds here or is it just me??

What harm will it do to show your respects for a fellow Ram and more importantly a fellow human being who had his life stolen away from him??

Please think on.

The problem is that there is a different clap for someone every other game. Which in turn dilutes the meaning of them.

Only of you let it dilute the meaning. If it's done sincerely, then it gives it meaning. If you're not sincere and don't see the point, then don't do it.

But I wonder what the reaction on here would be if it were one of our members who had been murdered? Would we arrange a minutes applause? Or would it have no meaning to us?

I'd like to think the former.

Archived