Alejandro Faurlin: QPR midfielder out with third cruciate injury

jimbobram

Midfielder Alejandro Faurlin faces six to nine months on the sidelines after suffering a third cruciate ligament injury in as many seasons.

This is what im scared of with Thorne. He has done both ACL's now meaning they will never be as strong as they were naturally.

Horrible injury

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be more gracious than some QPR fans were on twitter when it happened to Thorne (Still don't know why it's any of their business anymore).

I am genuinely disappointed for him, the same long-term injury three times in a players career is unthinkable. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Unrelated but saw this Harry quote on the beeb - "Tony's offered me an extension for two years and I'll sign it," he said. "I haven't read it, I probably won't read it, I'll just sign it." - Just sounds like such a twit.

As for Faurlin, horrible injury that I wouldn't wish on anything. 

Unrelated but saw this Harry quote on the beeb - "Tony's offered me an extension for two years and I'll sign it," he said. "I haven't read it, I probably won't read it, I'll just sign it." - Just sounds like such a twit.

Oooooooooh! That's one for the Tony Pulis' Hat thread that is.

lets hope it says he has 100% access to the club finances :ph34r:, althought it probably says that already...

When you have your ACL fixed, they either use part of the patella tendon or your hamstring.

As the patella tendon is a thicker stronger mass, it actually makes your knee stronger than it would be naturally providing it bonds to the bones, or so my consultant told me.

I'd say he's got 4 chances total, but his all round capability will be hampered. They can use a synthetic replacement, but they tend to need to be replaced, so are more of a last resort.

Midfielder Alejandro Faurlin faces six to nine months on the sidelines after suffering a third cruciate ligament injury in as many seasons.

This is what im scared of with Thorne. He has done both ACL's now meaning they will never be as strong as they were naturally.

Horrible injury

Not strictly true. If done right the new ACL could be as strong, if not stronger than the original. There is also the mental side of it, with them likely retraining some of his movements to take less strain on them.

When you have your ACL fixed, they either use part of the patella tendon or your hamstring.

As the patella tendon is a thicker stronger mass, it actually makes your knee stronger than it would be naturally providing it bonds to the bones, or so my consultant told me.

I'd say he's got 4 chances total, but his all round capability will be hampered. They can use a synthetic replacement, but they tend to need to be replaced, so are more of a last resort.

Very true it is stronger structurally, however the original ACL had nerves in it that would sense when it was under pressure, etc and the muscles can react accordingly. You lose that with the reconstruction, hence why the rehab has a heavy emphasis on muscle strength and improving balance to try and compensate. 

I'm no physio so I'm sure there are people out there who can explain it much better than I can. 

Regarding Faurlin, it's a terrible thing for a player to have to many ACL injuries, however Robert Pires played at the top level into his mid 30's whilst having 3 ACL operations.

Archived